Games That I Name And Everyone Tells Me I'm Wrong

Do you have pet names for games?

One time I brought Senko no Ronde Duo to a fighting game meetup. That’s the 1v1 fighting game/bullet hell shmup fusion. No one knows that name and no one knows the name Wartech, which was the localized name when Ubisoft brought the first game westward. So the people at the fighting meet up kept having to ask me what the game was called until I eventually just said “Shooty Bots”. And it was Shooty Bots from then on.

8 Likes

Mario Kart is always gonna be Mario Cross

People keep telling me it is not called Planetscape: Torment…

2 Likes

it’s the Wheel and when it’s on I’m watchin’ the Wheel and the idea that people don’t know that it’s called the Wheel hurts my mind

2 Likes

The fact that it’s Kirby Air Ride and not Kirby’s Air Ride has been one of the greater atrocities of the 21st century so far.

10 Likes

I’ve had friends irl who would get really annoyed whenever I said “Cod Blops”.

2 Likes

On the other hand, I just thought about what the world would be like if we called the Mario Kart series Mario’s Kart and I just puked and puked and puked.

4 Likes

Mario’s Bros
Mario’s Land
Mario’s World

he’s like a conquering warlord
or the refrigerator post-it roommate

8 Likes

if you are a person who sees the word Bros. and you don’t say the word “brothers”, I hope a truck full of grammar textbooks hits you

2 Likes

Mario’s Time Machine

1 Like

Who tf doesn’t say bros

2 Likes

Ape Legs

2 Likes

i say brothers thanks

1 Like

One time I met a dude who said “Super mario Bross”, like it rhymed with “floss”. It was excruciating.

4 Likes

Supper maRIo Broth

5 Likes

The Legend of Zelda is Zelda 1
The Adventure of Link is Zelda 2
A Link to the Past is Zelda 3
Link’s Awakening is Zelda 4
Ocarina of Time is Zelda 5
Majora’s Mask is Zelda 6
Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons are Zelda 7 and 8, depending on the order you play them
Four Swords is Zelda 3-2
Wind Waker is Zelda 9
Four Swords Adventures is Zelda 3-3
The Minish Cap is Zelda 10
Twilight Princess is Zelda 11
Link’s Crossbow Training is Zelda 11-2
Phantom Hourglass is Zelda 12
Spirit Tracks is Zelda 13
Skyward Sword is Zelda 14
A Link Between Worlds is Zelda 3-4
Triforce Heroes is Zelda 3-5
Breath of the Wild is Zelda 15

8 Likes

this forum has called the Sumo Digital Sonic/Sega All Stars racing games “Sanik Kart” and damnit that’s what i’ll always call them too

6 Likes

Rando of Blaad.

4 Likes

I’m always met with confusion when I call PUBG “Plunkbat”

2 Likes