FUCK YEAH DRAGON QUEST (Part 1)

I’m feeling true enough to go back to ones I haven’t, and replay 3

Only after you install the orchestral mod for dq11 do you realize how much the midi sound has really been brutalizing your ears. It makes the game ten times more gorgeous. I actually just sat there not touching any buttons for a minute to soak up the music. Totally recommended, no, required

When I last visited my parents, my dad gave me this receipt. He’d found it in a box in their attic from the time that I got Dragon Warrior 4 for my birthday. (This was a few months after after I’d rented the game for weeks until I ran out of money.)

I don’t remember getting a defective copy at first, as this receipt implies.

16 Likes
7 Likes

oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

It’s a movie based on Dragon Quest V. I was hoping it was a remake or something like that but this is cool too.

1 Like

Interestingly it looks like they aren’t going for the Toriyama style

Looks like it could be fun but the genericness of the people faces kinda kills it for me. Like feels somewhere between a dreamworks face with some cheap chinese 3DCG movie face. At least the toriyma monster are still there and the bad guy has a cartoony face.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m really surprised because his art has probably the best hand-drawn to 3D translation I’ve ever seen

it’s right there, why would you avoid Toriyama art when it’s one of the most popular things about this?

I like this. I didn’t even notice that it’s not in the Toriyama style at first. I was just like, cool, this looks like Dragon Quest. There’s a million Toriyama things that you can look at already, so I don’t mind

4 Likes

It’s less that I don’t like that they aren’t adhering strictly to Toriyama’s style but more that I have a hard time wondering how you go from a very iconic style and get something this bland.

I know the answer is probably “This is what china likes in their cinemas and we need that money”.

Yeah I don’t know, I don’t think it looks bland? Everyone looks distinct, I can keep them apart (big anime problem for me) and they look like their DQ5 selves (from memory). Slimes look like Slimes, environments look adventury, etc. But sure, everyone sees things differently so I’d certainly not try to argue you out of your opinion. I can see where you’re coming from

Rudie needs to check this out when it comes out and give us the straight dope

1 Like

I’m talking just about the faces for the hero and heroines so far. Everything else is ok.

I guess it is true to Toriyma in a way. They all kinda have the same face. It’s just another paper cut of gripes where it feels like the world at large hates letting cartoons be actual cartoons.

Oh hey I’ve had this for years and just didn’t put it up for y’all honk.

Toriyama has been replaced

aspic

3 Likes

God have mercy.

Also Toriyama got knighted by France!?

5 Likes

Really wish that was the trailer for the dragon quest movie and not the dinky lil mobile game

I wonder if it will be released overseas

2 Likes

V wholesome commercial

1 Like

the tidbit about DQ12 in there is … the most Dragon Quest possible way to announce a new Dragon Quest

please look forward to our announcement, which we very much wish to make soon, regarding some aspect of the path to Dragon Quest XII … uwu