FUCK YEAH DRAGON QUEST (Part 1)

There’s exp farming and then there’s DRAGON QUEST exp farming

5 Likes

i dunno how far in you are but the difficulty does ramp up a bit

i do think it kinda sucks you can’t turn draconian quest stuff on/off whenever

Well, I had my first KO yesterday to grandpa’s kamehameha

So a couple hours after (and digging the slight shift in dynamics at this point)

i just got megatenned, so that’s something

also:

1 Like

at first i thought megatenned meant “ambushed by swole kink demons”

15 Likes

A small detail question I’ve been meaning to ask:

Does this game have a quest log and numbered quests like DQX?

yeah

2 Likes

I am about 6 hours into this now with the harder enemies and no XP for weak enemies modifications, and have died like 6 times already

1 Like

yeah

it’s awesome

2 Likes

lol i just noticed what you named ur hero and now i’m regretting just naming him “eleven”

Mr. Torvalds

I named him Jasper not realising that there is already a character called that , so I was momentarily impressed when the king actually spoke his name.

1 Like

The Switch version of Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age will be titled Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age S , Square Enix announced during its Dragon Quest Paradise News Station event at Tokyo Game Show 2018.
According to Dragon Quest series creator Yuji Horii, among the meanings of the “S” in the title are “Switch,” “Special,” “Shaberu” (Speaking), and “Seiyuu” (Voice Actor).
While a release date was not announced, Horii said that it will still take a bit of time before the Switch version is released.

1 Like

I just always name my DQ heroes Booji and I will never not do this.

re: Team Composition Chat i went with hero, erik, jade & veronica for the end/postgame

erik is the most useful, 2x uber falcon blade gives you a ton of damage with divide + attack or you can switch to 2x hunter’s moon boomerangs for divide + double down for stuff like wheel of hama or random battles, critical claim for metal slimes & half inch for crafting the best gear

hero gets omniheal and you can find two sage’s stones so you don’t need a dedicated healer, veronica’s best staff is guaranteed to remove buffs with a regular attack

you can ignore the hunt altogether and farm them from horse racing and steals later, seems odd

you can dual wield wands for a higher magical mending stat but i dunno if this is a legit benefit

i never really found a use for rab besides kamikaze during wheel of hama (and his sleep pep power for metal hunting)

anyway this game rulez

The orchestral music mod for the PC version of XI is out now!

https://steamcommunity.com/app/742120/discussions/0/1739968490573373255/

I’m downloading it right now, will report back.

3 Likes

Getting the mod installed was very simple, and it seems to be working quite well! I still don’t feel the compositions in this game are that great, but these orchestral versions still beat the snot out of the midi versions the game shipped with. Big ups to the folks who put this mod together.

1 Like

I’m really loving how “Season 2” spirals everything along. Mighty nicely, mighty fine. 'Course I’d been enjoying the whole regardless of my gripe with normal’s extra ease in battles. But after Act 1, the unfolding of main characters, situations rearranged, making you gradually rethink your party’s capabilities as the enemies increase theirs. The classic jrpg slow burn into a kickass stride!

At about 70 hours, with my play sessions in the second half being much longer than before - well into wishing I didn’t have like, tomorrow biz. To just keep forging ahead with the Luminary and crew, up late quest’s the best.

Me most of this weekend:

6 Likes

yeah the orchestral mod is very good

i got a fancy costume for erik and he’s such a beautiful sassy boy

i don’t know why they decided to make a character based off the swedish asshole streamer archetype or whatever but when he’s wearing a turban and swishing cape somehow it makes sense

2 Likes