MON HUNTERS thread

can someone please explain to me what it is I’m missing to understand these pictures

They’re photos from the set of the upcoming film from the director of the Resident Evil movies, starring the star of the Resident Evil movies, who is also married to the director. (Honestly these must be pretty fun for them to make together.)

Don’t worry though, it’s going to be faithful to the games.

https://www.slashfilm.com/paul-w-s-anderson-interview/2/

1 Like

Thanks, I hate it!

At least, that’s my kneejerk reaction. I’m ambivalent to the Resident Evil movies because for the most part they’re schlocky action B-movie material that’s only slightly powered by the canon. It can be as insane as it gets and still remains within the realm of what could happen if it were a Resident Evil video game. I have a hard time seeing the same thing occurring with what I can see in the pictures: codified US ARMY types using modern day weapons presumably to hunt the very same monsters that show up in the Monster Hunter series. So yeah, Reign of Fire 2 instead of the more ridiculous things like Quropeco, Dodogama or Brachydios.

so I mean are they doing some kind of reverse isekai thing where the monsters from the game show up in Our World

Is there going to be a Pentagon scene about the Rathalos threat

drakengard is now monster hunter canon

1 Like

Oh yeah, there was also this footage from a visual studio’s promo reel a year ago. Considering the time table I wonder whether this was from the movie. That’s an awfully long time ago to have the CG finished if they’re still filming now.

Wiki says “A United Nations military team falls into a portal to an alternate dimension, where humans fight off giant monsters. The two groups work together to defend the portal to prevent monsters from entering the portal and invading Earth.”

Stargate monster hunter? Tony Jaa is in this? Guess I’ll have to watch it then, sigh

My ideal monster hunter movie would have no spoken dialogue outside of grunts and some monster hunter language follow some hunter as they hunt some beasts of varying size and maybe making some friends to take down an even bigger beast. It would just be a visually told story. No plots or backstories that aren’t already on the screen.

2 Likes

i love paul ws anderson

1 Like

Paul WS Anderson is actually a pseudonym for the directorial duo Paul Thomas Anderson and Wes Anderson.

1 Like

nah, because he’s actually good

1 Like

Uh yeah if I were married to Milla Jovavich p much everything would be fun, especially making dumb action movies with her

my wife will save us all from videogames

1 Like

I like that Mila is finally starting to wear some monhun armor in these new shots. Also that Tony Jaa is dual weilding a great sword and a bow because he is beyond your silly one weapon only requirements.

2 Likes

Jovovich - The Videogames Human

1 Like

Is there anyone in the world that doesn’t love Milla

I would super be into a Monster Hunter with secondary weapons. The Slinger was a taste of it, but it could be so much more.

she gives me a feeling of being my mom. i don’t like it.

Please introduce me to your mother

6 Likes

is anyone still playing this? I just got plus again for onrush and I figured I’d try some of the big dudes who have been added for free since I stopped playing in like march