MON HUNTERS thread

i be bowin it a lot.

1 Like

these connection issues aren’t fun :frowning:

I was playing with someone from Australia just fine last night…

It’s hinky because the session leader is the host, right? So get your friends with good connections to host.

i got to the third area, it’s v. beautiful

or… gather in a publicly hosted room so you all can be meeting a more stable connection.

so by session leader you mean the person whose instance you’re joining before you get to astera right? it doesn’t change when jumping into a quest?

I have now thumped everything in the forest save the Anjanath, which I haven’t even so much as dared to tickle

1 Like

i dunno if this is true of other weapons, but the hammer at least has a water version that you can make from the big mudfish in the next area. i think that’ll help with the anjanath, though i haven’t had a chance to test it yet

I’m sure it’s been uttered already but the level design in this is pretty fantastic
I’ve only seen two areas and they’re already among the most memorable of any threedee game I’ve ever played

3 Likes

uses bow for the first time: I don’t get it

uses bow again: oh, okay, you have to be an asshole about it instead of just trying to throw damage out

bow is cool, I guess. barrels too.

well that makes literally no sense. The tick with the bow is knowing your combos and when to cut them off. The damage output really requires you to dial in and know when to move move, MOVE IT.

It is very nice that many big monsters won’t just attack you on sight, so you can take a lil walk with them instead

1 Like

Or watch 'em nap, like this exceptionally handsome egg thief:

2 Likes

Rathalosing my cool with this swoopy bastard
Still, if I insist on doing him with no flash pods…

2 Likes

What a masochist

I’ve decided to meet the task halfway by getting my cat good with flashcage

1 Like

I wouldn’t even touch the Rath again if I didn’t need so many goddamn M-Bone+

Bashed heads long enough against Nergigante to finally drop them. That dive is a killer if you’re like me and mix up the run button with ‘draw charge blade as axe’ button. The other larger HR threats still thrash me silly.

I just found out about the aerial gunlance meta pray for me