MON HUNTERS thread

I tried to play some multiplayer this weekend and it was a real pain. I was several missions behind my friends, so they had to come replay the mission I was on with me. I had to do all this bogus hubworld shit on my own before they could join, including a whole other non-multiplayer mission. Does it ever become easier to just pop in and play with people on even terrain? Cuz I wasn’t impressed with this experience.

yeah once you get through most of the “story” things even out! it can be a little bit of a bummer until then

1 Like

fuck the story

I just want to run around in fields and murder things

I literally spent the first 20 minutes of the story quest where you hunt the puffy flying bat-ferret thing in Coral Highlands murdering a giant ice dragon asshole

in fact, by the time the story quest for murdering the giant ice dragon came about, I already had 3 pieces of its armor set

ya’ll need to hakkuna ur tatas.

Replaying missions is just something you’re supposed to do in this game, with friends all the better. That’s part of the fun. Get better at understanding the monsters and their patterns, and win.

2 Likes

So this is weird - seems like my problem was the chip overcooking a bit. Dusted out its fan/heatsink and I’m now without lockups or anything at a rock solid 60fps

Er lol

2 Likes

everyone needs a bath once a decade

Meanwhile, I think it’s the gunlance for me, it’s easy to get effective combos out, the damage is fine and the impact on sharpness and need to reload means it isn’t completely braindead

That stated I haven’t had to dodge any severe monster yet, so this could all go to shite again

So I think I’m okay at straight up murdering fat raptors and even a Pukei-Pukei just now, but how does one capture
Also Poogie why won’t you love me

To capture, put down a trap when the monster’s close to death and then hit it with a couple tranq bombs while it’s trapped. I usually bring a couple different types of traps in case it takes me too long to get the tranqs out or it’s not trappable quite yet.

Poogie, you have to pet him very soon after engaging him. There should be a menu in the corner telling you what the Pet button is.

Oh. I was trying to use the net thing while it (the big jag) was in a recovery nap

for super easy capturing, when the monster runs off to take a nap, let it, then put the trap down, and THEN use the tranq bombs

this is disgusting and inhumane

wake the animal up before slaughtering or subjecting it to a life of bondage

1 Like

But double damage on the wakeup strike! :C

2 Likes

Good god, I started enjoying this game WAY more when I switched from the heavy gunbow to the longsword.

The longsword has a thankfully simple moveset, paired with this interesting system where you use that moveset in a specific way to manage a meter that will let you perform an intense special move. I dig it, that’s a nice way to add strategic depth to combat without making me memorize long lists of button combos.

2 Likes

Switched to Big Hammer and uh

i love big slow weapons

cover me in concrete and let me get big heavy combos with my slow, slow body

2 Likes

Not seeing any of you on Bow and Arrow squad and am disappoint.

1 Like

that sounds it requires effort and thinking

I’m a simple man, I just wanna slice a fucker’s tail off

I’m on the high rank stuff now, just when I thought it was winding down, it amps back up

You get to deal with B52 bomber getting all up in your fights. It’s great.

hey yo it me

enjoying the shot->dodge giving you a level 3 charge, giving me MH Gen vibes

but you don’t even need to time the dodge it’s dope

having the left trigger aim is ridiculous too, I’ve never been so accurate

1 Like

I think my favorite thing is that the Zorah story quests are just the rail gun level from Lost Planet 2, but bad

Hell, it even looks like LP2 at high framerates, probably because both games were made with 30 fps in mind

Actually, can the MHW team just make a new LP game

1 Like