MON HUNTERS thread

The game ready driver was the World of Warcraft one (lol) and came out like two or three days before MonHun

I like that I haven’t mounted a monster once because I’d probably fall off and get mad

Oh yeah, I also never use lock on

Everybody post pictures of your characters, I wanna see

Oh and if you go for heavy bowgun take the shield mod, it’s super good for newbs

You don’t need the lock-on in most situations. I think I got the most of it when I was bowgunning at a distance or playing on a smaller display (for earlier games on the 3DS).

Yeah it seems like the light bowgun is the DPS lord, might have to give that a go

I don’t think that’s true. I heard many things said about what’s highest dps but light bowgun was never among the weapons mentioned. Charge blade was most mentioned. But that doesn’t matter if you don’t have the mastery to make it happen, so personal results may vary

LBG is your ranged status king. If you need something poisoned/stunned/sleeping/etc. it’s your weapon.

For the PC people who need to tune their settings.

God help me, I bought this game. Guess it’s time for me to decide on a weapon.

This game is gorgeous. The portable games were gorgeous, too, but it’s nice to have it fleshed out.

I named my palico Rusty :3

It’s been a while since I played a game where the hai -> yeah + nod was so prevalent lol

they also apparently shipped it with a version of denuvo that requires an instruction set only available in haswell and newer then had to patch it out because people complained!

I wonder if that’s what will finally render my 3570k non viable

Well it’s cool I wasn’t too far in because a crash during saving just annihilated my save

Back to the character factory :stampstampstamp:

I made a 70’s dadstache character named Carl and his sinister catpanion named Snarl. This game really handles the silent protagonist thing in the most awkward way I’ve seen in a while! They don’t seem to be trying very hard to make it not weird. When another character asks you a question and you just stare at them for about 10 seconds too long until the pregnant pause is finally interrupted by another character shouting something, or your boat crashing… It’s excruciating.

I messed around with the ranged weapons in the training room and I’m starting to get hyped about knocking down some monstars!

3 Likes

Really want to know how to back up my PC savegames now erk

“What do you mean autosave just after character creation? It won’t crash during the lengthy cutscene afterward!” :V

That’s unfortunately Capcom porting for you.

just symlink the save directory to dropbox

So it seems they didn’t iron out the crashes reviewers were talking about huh

Haven’t had one yet, fingers crossed

I wish I knew where that directory was, because I just lost my new save again!

this was discovered on the Chinese platform launch, well before the Steam launch (well, hours before) and was fixed that day

strangely, the steam launch was an hour late :hani2:

my short guide to graphics settings: holy shit turn volumetric fog off, the hell do you care more about, atmosphere or getting 80-100 fps while fighting a large monster

(I keep fog turned on with my other system, where I’m not sitting a foot and a half away from the display and thus things can’t bother me)

1 Like

People keep telling me to turn volumetric fog off, and I’m certainly down for that, but I can’t find it anywhere in the options, even under advanced graphics settings. What gives?

I’ve definitely seen an option that’s relevant, but I don’t think fog is mentioned by name

IIRC it’s one of the first advanced graphical options, maybe third or fourth

it’s listed as “Volume Rendering Quality”

turning it off kills fog in the game but also gives you a heap of performance

2 Likes