MON HUNTERS thread

So it seems that disabling PS4 controller support in Steam and instead using DS4Windows was what I needed to do. Steam gave a warning about the game already using Steam’s controller API and conflicts and blah blah but everything works. Now I just want to know why the game doesn’t recognize the DS4 without all that

decided to come back to this for the ff14 event and got my ass handed to me by a kulu ya ku lol

2 Likes

That was the first fight I died on but it was unfair because actually Anjanath got involved out of nowhere and took a huge chunk of my life

i did the first quest and now i am sleeping

1 Like

Oh never mind, that was at the pukei pukei hunt I think

I’m sorry but I am the prettiest girl in all of Monster Hunter: World, you can’t be it anymore

Fact: if I were a woman I’d look like that.

spoilered because they’re monster kill shots for those that don’t want them spoiled (they’re all super early on)

good thing about a ranged weapon is that the shots aren’t you clipping through a monster’s ass

I am going to lose at least a couple hours to the character factory, I always do

2 Likes

Good news is that you can change hair/facepaint/makeup whenever, because I messed with my character’s look regularly.

I really wanted to finish La-Mulana 2 before I snuck into this but that’s not gonna happen

1 Like

all my favorite games

This catmaker is worryingly underfeatured but I could make myself reasonable stoic old desi lady at least
And then the game wedged my entire machine while I was trying to equip a hammer

my favorite part of wonder capcom in monster world pc is Nvidia releasing game ready drivers that crippled my performance

I am living the insect spear and switch blade life and it is good

2 Likes

I don’t think that driver’s arrived for me yet, so I will avoid it when it does

Unless I installed it already by accident (was it an MH-branded update?)

Which weapon species has the least amount of combo stuff to manage, I guess anything ranged?

lance is real simple in that sense, and probably hammer

Great Blade. Typical combo is unsheathe->charge->release. Sharpness to the hammer’s bluntness.

1 Like

Great Sword: If you want to study the monster and take your best shot. Just remember to keep sheathing! I don’t like the fast weapons that get you cluttered under the monster’s feet so Great Sword is my forever home.

Glaive is a lot of fun but it feels weak until you start focusing on consistently getting the triple powerup and nailing the bug synergy and then it can be a little rote, plus the unspoken rule of only being able to mount a monster once per phase is kind of jank

I stuck with it though because I can’t not play a slightly underpowered dex character

roll horn you cowards

3 Likes

Playing sword and shield right now, enjoying that the charge attack gives me air enough to mount the monster

Going with the hammer, since I guess it’ll improve my movement discipline and spatial awareness??

I’m not really getting on with the lock-on system here though, it feels sort of floppy and I don’t know why