MON HUNTERS thread

PWSA MonHun is gonna be so sick.

I can’t believe they’re using my wife to coerce me into watching this movie

5 Likes

6 Likes

Making my way through early High Rank, just before ??? Rathian. Diablos bodies the hell out of me but expeditions means I just get knocked down, get back up again you never going to keep me down. Which is good because there’s a charge blade line that uses its materials extensively and IIRC is the way to go for impact phial. Clown suit is balked by needing a wyvern gem and looking at Kiranico it looks like I should try Investigations more.

Still fun times with Bazelgeuse. I really should try my hand at fighting them at some point! At the moment I prefer watching it dive bomb my current hunt repeatedly.

1 Like

Wyvern Gem got after maybe 10 or so Barroths, ~4 Jyarutodus, and 2 Paolumu. The only thing missing is a Toxic Sac now.

Legiana is no fun to fight. It feels like a Rathalos/Kirin hybrid that only stays grounded for like 3 seconds before twisting up and swinging ice all over the place. Sword mode doesn’t quite have enough range on the swings so it’s charged shield then axe mode whenever it deigns to sit still. And it doesn’t stay still. :angry:

Flash bombs, baby!

1 Like

True and Coral Highlands is practically crawling with refills. It was more a complaint of my lack of experience with Highly Mobile Frostbite; now it’s just another large monster to hunt. Good distraction with the Pink Rathian fight, for the both of us (I carted twice).

My new favourite monster is Dodogama. It’s got a face full of fury waiting to be blasted prematurely! Uragaan is a surprisingly quick thick lug, wasn’t prepared for it to hurtle itself onto the platform I was on like a goddamn hockey puck. And the rest, barring Azure Rathalos because Wyvern But More Angry is already played out, look like they’ll be fun times in the Everstream.

1 Like

Man I’ve already lost all interest in this. I’m all monhunted out without even playing the game. They set the release date for the PC version way too late. Had they come out with it around the PS4 launch I would have bought it on day one, probably. I was semi-hype for it. Even tried to buy a PS4 for it. Now though? Hell, who’s talking about “now”, it’s fall. So, in the fall? Probably not a buy anymore unless they release it for like 40 bucks. So stupid.

I mean, how many sbsisbros am I realistically going to play with now, after everyone’s already chewed through this

Hi hello current Monster Hunter over here getting his ass beat by Nergigante. Angry prickly dragon whose wings aren’t just for show is no joke, I didn’t even break any parts on my way through three carts and a failure.

EDIT: Also the Rath Heart Coil Alpha is so gloriously large, I wish the Beta was just as overstated.

2 Likes

Long live… The King… (drops all other games off of a cliff)

Ha!

Well, alright then, carry on :smile:

I ‘finished’ this game at last! I jumped to HR29 immediately.

The xenojiva fight was cool, but it felt like it needed to be about 10 minutes shorter or given me more indication it was on it’s last legs. My final attack of stubbing it’s toe was a bit anti-climatic. But hey, I carved a gem and got another on the rewards screen, so whatever!

I did the same thing with a teostra last night, carved a gem and got another in rewards. This morning I did the last farm expansion quest and got two odogaron plates and a legiana plate from the rewards.

i am fired up and feeling my second wind come on. hashtag monhanslowlife

3 Likes

MH:W PC is out now and my body is ready

Let’s kick off the PC part of this thread! Steam says 6 friends already own it and 10 more want it, so I hope there’s going to be some activity

1 Like

If you don’t know by now
Bazelgeuse is a freak, freak
freaaaaak

1 Like

I had to laugh so hard at that

Oh shit right yes, this thing
The reason I haven’t yet listened to the last couple SB podcasts
I want to find that fuzzy bat

Oh no, is my time finally up? Do I at last have to try out this very intimidating game? Will I be able to resist its siren song? Do all my hastily penned excuses fall away now that I can put this thing on my computer with the simple click of a button?

1 Like

yes

longer answer: it’s really not that intimidating to start with! I picked the heavy bowgun, which the game says is only 2 out of 3 stars beginner friendly and I’m having a great time! I just load up spread shot and pretend I’m playing DOOM with the shotgun. BOOOM. BOOOOOM. It’s great

If I weren’t using he heavy bowgun I’d probably use longsword (heard it’s beginner friendly) or hammer (heard on sb it’s fun)

They really start you off easy with attacks that don’t hurt much and that are easy to dodge. At first I wasn’t dodging shit but now I’m already pretty good at it. With beginner monsters, mind

So what I’m saying is: don’t be afraid

but that’s probably how the game lures you into it’s deep, black waters and then painfully drowns you, isn’t it

1 Like

I’m having an issue with steam and was wondering if anybody could help me. The achievement and screenshot pop-ups at the bottom right of the screen now don’t go away anymore. It worked fine in the beginning playing MonHun but then at some point the just decided to not go away. Anyone had this problem before?

Also, they’re now not the gray boxes anymore but blue and have a controller symbol in them. Is that… new? Or is that because I enabled PS4 controller support in Steam so that it would work for MH:W?

I’m pretty confused. Any tips would be much appreciated