MON HUNTERS thread

select button
the fun of a good bonker

2 Likes

This is the first month since MHW’s launch that I’ve had time to play video games. Please help me video game. Thanks.

2 Likes

Ok I’m updated and ready to go

It’s HR 16 so go hunt some elder dragons

Also seems to be available for the next 2 whole weeks

I should be around tomorrow night for this.

I’d jump back on plus for a month for this if we don’t have 16 people firm!

I’ve been rather uninspired to hop back into World lately so I may need to change my own weapon. Wondering if I should switch over to SnS as per my recent Generations playthrough or if I should go to the trouble of something more unfamiliar.

Hunting Horn would help with siege, but I really feel like I need a lot of time to learn that.

we absolutely don’t have 16!

i don’t know that a full 16 will be necessary though, some details are vague

will know soon i guess!

yeah fair but if like … it doesn’t play better with just 4, and it’s interesting for the whole 16, I’m in

1 Like

oh yes obviously i don’t want to discourage you or anyone from playing re: necessary player count

i do think the 16 thing is still 16 people splitting up into separate groups of four, though even after spending some time with this it’s not totally clear to me how that works. anyway gary and dad and i beat up one of these for a while tonight and it may just be the radical novelty talking but it was uh pretty fun, looking forward to spending more time with it

It’s not really a mountain btw, and there are enough beetles around to make moving around the cave more fun than tedious

Definite improvement from the Zorah and Xeno fights, and unlike Zorah it gets more fun with more people

watching streams it looks a lot more like Ceadeus phases followed by Ukanlos (walks through corridors and tries to attack a bit as one forces it forward, eventually speeds up, then an actually decently mobile and responsive fight with something huge) (the parallel of how something this large and non-flying used to do jumps and here it now rolls over like a dog is kind of amazing)

the trailer was terrible in invoking Lao stylization, which was a monster one hit while it walked forward without doing anything else for twenty minutes. hopes were kind of laying low after Zorah and Xeno, after all.

still frowning a fair bit at how long the loop is to get one-time random spray of randomized weapons, though, especially since the damage isn’t Tempered levels of danger for soloing. it’s more reliable and less specialized than randomized equipment drops in the past, but forcing it into one fight one has to repeat a bunch feels like no better a solution than all the other ways random drops have been worked in this series (and is far too much of a swing to the other end of health being too much).

…I also kinda wonder if this means the leak is real- this is a Treasure Dragon as that implied. Ice Kirin is less infuriating than base Kirin, Lunastra will be exceedingly redundant if she doesn’t turn out to reverse the Teostra 4U differentiation and spam Blast clouds with her moves, and Alatreon should… well, Alatreon should be the actual final boss unless they completely screw things up. Kinda wanted the third gen flagships / X flagships / Magala family well before that, but they’re at least adding more Elders to Temper and surely they can’t be as off as the current lot. Providing a new location means there’s some plausible chance to get a Tundra or any number of mountain peaks arenas for old final bosses, too.

is it like the ur dragon from dragon’s dogma? it was a powerful enemy everyone fought simultaneously, but in their own individual sessions. the damage result of each session gets subtracted from the monster’s HP until it dies.

We only had 3 people on, but that’s my suspicion. It’s either that or just simultaneous questing and whoever beats her first makes all the other groups auto-win too. I hope it’s the former.

We did pretty well with 3 but I think it would be ideal with 2 full groups.

anyone around now to do some of this here big guy hunting? Or help me with level 49 kirin?

I’ll be on in about 30-50 minutes, can’t help with the Kirin though

This encounter? it’s pretty fun. Not the greatest thing in the world, but way better than the other two BIG MONSTAR fights.

@bib and I managed to beat this in our last run yesterday and now we have a bunch of pretty ok rarity 6 & 7 gold reskins of existing weapons, excited to see what 8s look like. This’ll make trying out new weapons a lot easier in lategame.

I think the progress level (read: inverse difficulty) of the person who makes the siege determines the progress level of the whole siege, so since we’d done 2 or 3 already it was the easiest of the runs

Man, I wish I could have stuck around to finish that up. I was enjoying it. Maybe tonight I can?

I’m up for some more rounds tonight, probably from around 9-11 ET again

1 Like

yeah i’ll probably be around too. the final showdown is pretty slick, i’ll try not to beef it before we get there next time~~

also @booji i’ll definitely do those kirin sometime~~~

2 Likes