MON HUNTERS thread

hunting horn is so good

god i wanna use it more

i can’t find enough time for all the weapons why are they all so goooooood

1 Like

Probably the worst thing about monhun for me is that when it rains, it pours. Every fifty hours or so I’ll get either a bad streak of hunts or that one hunt that is so disastrous it feels like my life is falling apart.

This may be unique to my experience though, based on how my brain works. Certain things make different people impatient faster, and let me tell you, running around for ten minutes to find a monster, only to get trampled three times before it flies away again whams my angry button.

i cant get into it guys what am I doing wrong. I love the presentation and the packaging of tje game elements. everything just keeps scratching the tedium part of my brain and refusing to grab me.

Do it with friends. Get wrecked together.

changing weapons can help

1 Like

yeah this is usually the tip people need in my experience

though i’ve also seen plenty of people bounce off their first monster and not really click til their second so idk

The iguana monster isn’t a great first hunt if you’re a beginner and you’re struggling with knowing when to wait for the right opportunity. I would suggest aiming for the “got my pot!” feathered lizard instead.

Great Jagras is a good punching bag that will occasionally hit back, but it’s a boring fight

The only drama is that they are surrounded by their children so you kind of feel bad wailing on them

1 Like

good news:

new monster just in time for my birthday, and before the spring fest is over!

bad news:

it’s a mountain. but it looks fast so it’s gotta be better than volcanosaurus.

Siege is a brand new limited-time quest type which requires the collaborative efforts of all hunters in the same Gathering Hub (which can house up to 16 hunters). Each hunting party will split off into groups of up to four hunters each, but will be working together to investigate and hunt down the same Kulve Taroth.

The first instance of the Kulve Taroth Siege will start on April 18 at 5pm PT / April 19 at 1am BST, along with our second free content update, and will be live only for a limited time. It will return at a later date, but details are very scarce at the moment, so assemble your Squad to take full advantage of this golden opportunity.

aaaaa no i hate it i hate it

1 Like

I would recommend trying to hunt something way out of your league too, I think a lot of the initial hook for me was sneaking around so I wouldn’t start a fight with Anjanath/Rathalos

Weapon-wise, dual blades and insect glaive were most immediately interesting but I’ve also come around to the fun of a good bonker and sword n shield

Jagras is neat as a lesser version of ludroth but isn’t anywhere near as satisfying as the Great Jaggi. He was a good level of intimidating at first in behavor and appearance. He only becomes a joke once you’ve got the numbers behind your attacks up. I still remember when I first tried sword and shield and did a naked run against him and found myself amazed with how fast I brought him down by knowing his patterns with other weapons. Kut Ku has a strong character but Jaggi feels more interesting to fight.

oh my god i am psyched out of my mind, i will be sieging in the clan room tomorrow night for sure

also part of the update is a fix to the booted-from-clan-after-30-days issue, which is cool. anyone still playing who wants in should hmu!

also i guess they’re adding investigation sorting lol and nerfing flash spam on tempered elder dragons and buffing streamstone drop rates across the board? and all of this is tomorrow night?

this is a good update

I will be on then, provided YKZ6 doesn’t show up before then (thanks weather, for making it not show up till like this weekend probably).

I still need help with that HR 49 Kirin :frowning:

I’ll try to hop on, I have barely taken part in the festival as it is.

Yeah I think I can get on to do this

i’ll try for tomorrow? i have to pack for a flight thursday morning but i might be able to make it

should we pick a time?

I shooooould be on around 10-12 EST.

i’m still hr 13

i have to go fight the three elder dragons sometime i guess

i am not a true doom monhun head i guess

yes you are <3