Final Fantasy XIV (Part 1)

i wish i had the time to play this :frowning:

i wonder how a 2013 mbp would handle it…

1 Like

There is a (free) ffxiv benchmark program for the base game and one for Stormblood, so you can easily find out!

You can even create a character in it and later take it to the game if you decide to get it

1 Like

By my calculation I should have another 25-30 hours of msquesting left until I reach Heavensward. It’s insane how much meat this game has got on its bones by now.

I have to say, the first batch of quests after ARR burnt me out pretty hard but then it gets better again. https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Seventh_Astral_Era_Quests

Patch 2.2 ends strong, 2.3 starts strong and I’m now towards the middle of it, after Ramuh. Ramuh had a great voice actor btw. Most voice-overs so far have merely been passable but he was really cool.

Don’t worry, all the VAs change when you get to Heavensward, lol.

Really digging the exploration in HW. Also the Mechanist. Setting up them macros for the mad turret summons is good times.

I want to play so many classes in this silly game.

1 Like

I am in the post ARR patch content (just started) and hit 60 with my main class (PLD) I used a bunch of my pvp currency and bought a bunch of level 210 gear from heavensward. I look sick as fuck and will screen shot when I get my last couple of HW pvp pieces.

1 Like

yeah i do think it picks up a lot at like 2.2/2.3 somewhere, i’ve been pretty much on board since then

yeah every time i hear someone talk about how a job i haven’t played works i’m like… yeah… i gotta try that…

are ARR beast tribe dailies just for mounts and glamours at this point?

pretty much; also titles, dances, etc. it’s a thing worth doing to level alt jobs a little bit, too.

btw i’m a little jealous of folks playing heavensward now! that’s kind of where i started thinking, like, mmorpg or not this is maybe my favorite final fantasy game (other than, like, maybe ff6)…

the vendors have some stuff that might be interesting if you’re thinking about crafting and shit. you can also buy retainer ventures with the beast dollars

iirc the ixal and moogle quests are helpful for levelling crafting/gathering jobs quickly

Anyone know how the new cross sever stuff works?

Like what would I be missing out on by being on a different server from everyone else

Should I just start a new character, if I were to play again?

if you’re on the same data center you can visit any other server, and duty matchmaking can pull from anyone in your data center. if your server is on a different data center there’s no way to interact

you can transfer servers for like $15 or something idk

THE BENCHMARK INCLUDES THE CHARACTER CREATOR

Yes! I mean I didn’t try it yet but I mentioned that about the previous benchmarks they released. You can create a character and when you get the game you can import it, so your work doesn’t go to waste

i was looking forward to dancer but now machinist looks totally different and has a lil kickboxing robot friend so idk what to do

im honestly burning out on this game a little bit? the DPS queues are like… too much for me to handle, but my RDM glamour is so lit that i can’t switch out of the job

probably doesn’t help that i am like, suddenly a socially viable person as of last week

anyone around ~50 who wants to static run some stuff w/ me it’d be real great, hmu on the discord

seeking playdate 4 dungeon explore, likes long walks 2 the trial, and being verfire ready. NO TAIL PULLING

A friend sent me one of those 7-day return pass things

Tried to make a character on Faerie, but it’s apparently full up

Anyone logging on today that can give me an invite to the FC? Rather than pay the $18 to transfer my character away from the world/region my other friends are on, I just rolled a new Lala Warrior on Faerie.

1 Like

yeah i’m around, friend request benio obzedat and i’ll hook you up~~