FGC##201Xrd Reload[st] - Now on Steam! (Part 1)

someone bought me unist for my birthday, this might be my favourite fighting game

3 Likes

great video, i was surprised how hype arslan made the tekken rounds at evo japan. i never really liked tekken per se but the run was super exciting

3 Likes

SCVI Top 8 is at 1:30pm in Illinois. So, I think that would be 11:30am pacific time. So, in about an hour. Tekken 7 is right after that.

Here is the schedule

gg top 4 was fun

1 Like

which fighting games do you really like?

Soul Caliber VI top 8 finals was pretty great. I suggest watching it on youtube later or Twitch archive, if you missed it.

Tekken is at approx 5pm CDT

1 Like

I think Tekken 7 is quite an improvement for the series. I’ve always been a Tekken fan, but this game is great.

I’m watching Combo Breaker top 24 right now and it starts out hot and isn’t stopping.

1 Like

If anyone feels good about their Tekken game, June 7th is an online tournament. During which you can win prize money and tickets to CEO 2019.

Combo Breaker Tekken top 8 was pretty interesting. Lots of tension and conservative play.

good question, i think i always enjoy watching KOF, UNIST is hype, i find SFV sort of dull to play but it can be fun to watch the pros

i think 3d fighters throw me off with the sort of slow startup of a lot of moves. havent played one since Soul Caliber 2?
but yeah im def open to learning more about em

1 Like

Yeah, he put the Pakistani Tekken scene on the map, at least for a while. Not sure how it’s been since then but after Arslan’s EVO Japan win some of the pro Korean players went to Pakistan to play for a while. I think recently Arslan ran a gauntlet against 10 top Tekken players and never lost. A year or two before that Singapore’s Tekken scene also gained some fame after some big showings from their community. And the year that KOF14 was an main Evo game there was a Pakistani player in Top 8. It’s a good reminder about how little of the global community the big game tournaments really show you.

I’ve generally hated Tekken too but you should give Tekken 7 a shot. It feels far and away better than any of the previous games.

Man I wish KOF hadn’t switched to that 3D engine. it was sooooo beautiful. I remember when I got 12 and was like whaaaaaaaaaat!!! Finally, the sort of high res 2-D we have dreamt about. And then 13 made it even better!

I hope they figure out a budget to make an engine which lets them do it like Guilty Gear and Dragon Ball Z: 3D but excellent shaders which look 2D. Because KOF had something unique and beautiful going on.

As far as 2-D fighters go: I’ve turned away from them as I got older (late teens and onward). I grew to dislike getting cornered at either edge of the screen. With no way to get out of it except “git gud”. In Tekken and Soul Caliber, you can sidestep and whatnot. So, being up against a wall isn’t a literal barrier to play.

However, I have just watched the Combo Breaker and Evo Japan segments for Street Fighter V and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. To the point that I might want to give SF a try. But then I remember how greedy Capcom has been with fighters for 9 years and I dunno man. They burned me with Marvel Vs Capcom 3 in 2011 or whenever that was. And I’ve read they’ve been pretty shifty with how they did SFV.

Samsho is on a 2-D plain and I’m excited for that. So maybe I’ll just wait on that. In the mean time, I think I’m gonna give Soul Caliber VI a serious look. I really enjoyed watching it on Combo Breaker, EVO Japan, and Texas Showdown.

And yes, you should give Tekken 7 a try. Its better than ever. They figured out how to get more normals into high level play and slightly downplayed the juggling. More technical stuff to consider, etc. And its just refined like a great sauce. There are sooooo many characters, you are bound to find something you like. And they are very balanced. Its kind of insane how fleshed out Tekken’s characters are, Vs. how many of them there are. To the point that so called character “tiers” have recently been proven to be kinda nothing. Pros have taken Panda to top 8’s and Panda was thought to be one of the very worst. Arslan_Ash kicked butt with Kazumi, who is another character typically thought to be lower tier.

1 Like

I just finished the Evo tournament and dang, he’s got a good game with Kazumi. This video about his rise is really nice, too. So cool that the world community is giving him a spotlight.

Combobreaker didn’t have someone cleaning up like this. Instead it was tight and tense competition, at every tier.

here’s a pretty tidy little vid on some of what separates Tekken

All the Tekken 7 tournaments I watched were great and I watched a lot of them. Great game and great to watch, something I never thought I’d say about an entry of this franchise

I think this about covers it.

what is st? spice talibur?

2 Likes

Super (street fighter 2) Turbo.