FGC##201Xrd Reload[st] - Now on Steam! (Part 1)

Hey, they’ve been on the main stage before!

2 Likes

I appreciate 3D games that implement 2D inspired aesthetic choices without actually trying to look 2D. Xrd and DBFZ look gorgeous but I really appreciate games like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Marvel 3 for trying very hard to look like how a comic book would in 3D

3 Likes

the main part about SF4 aesthetic that ruined it for me was the ridiculous facial expressions, glad they ditched that part

1 Like

ddf7724ca88883af4f039debb39fa969

4 Likes

SamSho does kinda look like the good version of SF4 that had the courage to go in on the heavy contrast ink shading and embrace the art style. It does look kinda dated but at least its a bit more invested in its style.

1 Like

IMO the entirety of SF4 should have looked like the Ultra characters’ “sketchy ink” costumes

69950e590856917d85cd882861fe55e0

(i really like how these look)

3 Likes

Once Heart comes out for bbtag arcana heart will finally get a bump and your can expect the new six starts update at Evo 2020

the oh shit faces were the best part of SF4

i am disappointed by the combo counter + cinematic supers in samsho trailer #2

3 Likes

NRS just fully embracing the absurdity of Johnny Cage being one of the main protagonists and making him completely over the top is wonderful.

4 Likes

Both SFIV’s lead animator and battle designer are at SNK now so it’s not surprising!

big reveal - scorpion will be in mortal kombat 16

2 Likes

UNIST on the main stage is exciting, but I honestly would rather watch Xrd. It is going to be hype, though. It’ll be fun to have more Japanese players make the trip, too.

Samurai Showdown does look visually appealing although I didn’t get much sense of the game from the trailer. Bodes well for KOF XV in 2020 though.

1 Like

Guilty Gear X
Guilty Gear 2
Guilty Gear Xrd

And now… Guilty Gear 4X! A successor to Guilty Gear 2 that eXpands to greater scale. A full on 4X game layered on top of the action-strategy battles, like a Total War game.

3 Likes

they’re just crazy enough to do it

It’s really not far off from GG2

Johnny Cage looks like a super embarrassing dad now and I don’t necessarily love it but I do respect it. His moves look super satisfying though. I want to play as him

justin wong embarrassing himself going into full sales mode for this power rangers game. might be cool tho

1 Like

hahahahah this looks like mvci

i would definitely play this but man does it look ugly and flaccidly animated. and i can barely tell the characters apart!