FGC##201Xrd Reload[st] - Now on Steam! (Part 1)

I remember there being an issue with one of the upscaling modes at launch but that got patched pretty quickly, but as usual, everyone blew it out of proportion and it ruined its reputation

If Sagat is coming back to Street Fighter does this mean they’re gonna buff everyones midrange game or make where Sagat only has his huge normals and fireball walls in V-Trigger?

Not sure a Sagat that doesn’t have big normals is a real Sagat.

2010 game Umineko: Golden Fantasia is now on Steam with rollback netcode.

2014 game Arcana Heart 3 LoveMax SixStars!!! is now on Steam, and a game re-balance and DLC characters are coming next year.

What a weird week.

She sorta looks like a flight attendant? Which I guess is a very practical occupation for a World Warrior

1 Like

gotta rack up those miles

fighting ex layer is really cool

It is clearly a modern AKB idol outifit.

nah

After graduating high school, Sakura now works part-time at an arcade, but wonders what decisions she needs to make in order to be satisfied with her future.

https://www.twitter.com/DAIROCKETTO/status/940428346701135872

5 Likes

That’s actually a pachinko parlour work uniform although some chains (most notably PIA and Saint-Tropez) do have arcades on the side

2 Likes

Her story outfit is a Plaza Capcom uniform, Capcom’s arcade chain.

Edit: Source, by the way.

2 Likes

basically, sakura is a millennial

so proud

3 Likes

That reminds me, did Kyo Kusanagi ever finished high school?

1 Like

well, they stopped drawing him in a school uniform from 99 onwards, if that counts?

Yeah, but he disappeared after '97 because NEST and all that, right? Looks more like he just dropped school. Cannot blame him, given how many times he repeated.

EDIT: If that’s the case, I hope he didn’t drag my good boy Shingo with him.

2 Likes

Look at this GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

Trailer shows off some of the special “fatalities”. Basically it’s if you finish a fight in a way that’s consistent with the show it will recreate the moment as a special victory animation (for example using Gohan’s level 3 to destroy Cell). An earlier magazine scan also said there will also be similar special character intros (finish off Krillin with Freiza’s telekinesis if Goku is next in line on your team maybe?)

3 Likes

So hype for this game that my internet connection will never allow me to play online

so hot

It’s interesting to me that the most distracting visual artifact is polygon edges, which isn’t a problem for anything anymore. I thought aliased black outlines would forever be a bugbear for cellshading but it seems modern antialiasing techniques and resolution can handle

wow I’m sorry that was real boring

2 Likes

ArcSys are making fighting games so I maybe it just doesn’t get as much exposure as other games but ArcSys’ visual design in the post GGxrd era is incredible. They just keep getting better and better at it.

I’m still not sure what I feel about DBFZ as a game itself though. In all the match videos I’ve seen neutral doesn’t look that interesting? Stubby limbs and mostly safe approaches with the flying seem to be the name of the game. ArcSys also said they made character switching generally to be safe in most situations to encourage usage of your entire team.

1 Like

From the bits shown off I feel the neutral looks interesting enough to want to jump in. You got a dedicated projectile button and an instant teleport at cost of a bar. To me that sounds like a lot of fun to bait out buttons and score teleport attacks. The homing dash is mostly projectile immune so it sounds like there’s some fun layers at neutral to get the feel of.

10 Likes