FGC##201Xrd Reload[st] - Now on Steam! (Part 1)

Fighting EX Layer 2-week beta starts December 11th.

7 Likes
2 Likes

That is not as good a title as Untitled Arika Fighting Gamd Projecf.

the music is so on point, but why does it look like SF?

Because it is Street Fighter EX 5.

Yeah I should’ve been clearer: why has it co-opted mainline SF’s awful graphic design?

Just seems like a missed opportunity to do something different considering the ex series is kinda offbeat.

I don’t read the UI stuff as anything other than normal contemporary bars, etc. But yeah what is the deal with the just straight up SF4 lettering in the trailers? I don’t think it looks actually bad, but oddly specific choice there.

Yep it was largely that specific font that rubbed me the wrong way. I would have loved if the bars were a bit more muted though. I really liked the solid blocks of yellow from ex3.

1 Like

fightman ui design peaked in the early 00’s, with KOF xi being the apex. We are in the dark ages now.

4 Likes

Yet in a weird inversion, this EX game is a whole lot more visually appealing than street fighter 5.

3 Likes

I was poking at my steam library and I have some quick thoughts on Blade Arcus. This feels like a good game to break out with people that know how to play fightmans but don’t go to tournaments or regular meet ups. It feels only a few more notches more anime than Aquapazza in play. (Aquapazza only looks like anime. It plays more like something in the vein of SF2 or whatever term that exists for more footsie based games) Outside of the art style it has a few anime touches; a cancel that dashes you forward, a blitz shield and blowback attack, assists that change depending on when you call them, ABC combos so you can just mash for a basic combo and super jumps but no airdash so it’s not full anime. The game seems to use some kind of 3D models or sprites drawn off 3D models but manages to not look to hideous or cheap. Solid Budget Fighter I feel.

2 Likes

good news, the maker of that absurd sailor moon okizeme video put it on youtube

this is highly recommended watching, fun starts around 2:30

4 Likes

Might as well go full Eventhubs and post all the things because each one is a short burst joy

Adult Gohan trailer still on the way.

That pretty much covers every major hero and villain in the mainline Z though I think? Only potential ones left would be Raditz, Roshi, Zarbon, Dodoria, Bardock, Android 19-20, Mr Satan and the Kais. Wouldn’t really call any of those guys strong contenders. Remains to be seen if any movie or Super (OG series? GT???) characters will be in the base game or DLC. Broly seems inevitable either way.

Bit dismayed about the rumours that regular Goku and regular Vegeta are going to be separate DLC characters.

Oh, and the longer story mode trailer too

1 Like

VEGITO or no deal

1 Like

There are more crucial new characters being added to games.

2 Likes

when’s our fight night?

apparently there’s a hidden character if you do konami code on random select

disappointed she is not actually a lamia

1 Like