FGC##201Xrd Reload[st] - Now on Steam! (Part 1)

2 Likes

Well it’s nothing quite so interesting as turning super saiyan. Every character had two power ups they could unlock by fulfilling conditions like hitting with a certain type of attack a certain number of times and the like. It would boost your attack or defense or some other stat stuff.

Mortal Kombat also had hidden conditions you had to fulfill that would cause some of your of your special moves to turn into a brutality if you killed your opponent with it.

There were a handful of characters for whom these boosts had a more dramatic effect – Kuroko’s teleport attacks gained a TON of range after she threw out projectiles often enough (hi, full-screen overhead) – but I think most of those were added in the revision. It was an interesting idea, at least.

E3 is fuckin’ awful and games are awful but this DBZ game has me incredibly excited. It will likely be terrible but I pray it’s terrible in a fun way, like Hokuto No Ken, rather than a dull way, like Sengoku Basara X.

I’ve only been to like 4 tourneys in my life and every time there was an active HnK setup, and I was always too chicken to play, cuz I don’t know how, but I also spent so much time watching, cuz that game is fuckin’ dumb as fuck and great.

I pray this game tops HnK. I pray this game tops Marvel. I pray it tops Melty, and we’re all doing money matches next to a dumpster outside of a legion hall, except instead of money we’re betting pills and snacks.

I believe in DBZ, and ArcSys, and anime, and you should too.

2 Likes

ok but what if Umihara Kawase was in a fighting game tho

4 Likes

2017, as a timeline, is truly bizarre

Also Curly Brace from Cave Story???

1 Like

Kinda nice that it does a “round start” after a character gets downed so you don’t have to deal with a mixup when the next character comes in. Also looks like a homing comet attack is a base mechanic and a “dust” launcher and follow up combos.

Frieza being able to be hit by his own returning discs is fucking brilliant.

1 Like

why has no one posted curly.gif yet

that actually looks really faithfully done and the combos all seem nice and loose and interesting

I still kind of wish it did the pseudo-3D stuff of the aughts DBZ games when you were only ever flying to and from your opponent on a 2D line but it still looked more like DBZ (and had more of an air game) but I can see how that’d be too hard to balance competitively

this at least seems like it’s going to be one of the most accessible & well executed licensed marvel-style games in a while

wanted this ever since 95 when Ryu threw that kamehameha in XMvSF

2 Likes

I really want a Pretty Cure fighter.

What happened to happy fighting games?

There’s that indie one by the Blade Arcus folks?

I just realized one thing this appears to be lacking: charging. Which is a good thing, way too many DBZ fighters stick it in and make it way too necessary, presumably to be LIKE THE ANIME except in the anime it doesn’t usually happen right in the middle of fights and in game it just fucks up the flow.

1 Like

There’s still charging but you are in a counterhit state if you get hit while charging so it’s high risk and should only be done when you know you’re safe.

I hate the MvCI Story Mode Demo, and I never, ever, ever want Capcom to make a Cinematic Story Mode again.

3 Likes

I can’t remember who came up with R-Type: Afterbirth but it’s one of several user titles here that crack me up every time I see them

“marvel vs capcom” and “story mode” has always seemed like a combination that could only result in terror and embarrassment.