FGC##201Xrd Reload[st] - Now on Steam! (Part 1)

As a whole, the list is kinda dull with all those returning faces. On the other hand, X, Monster Hunter and Ant-Man spike very high on my Characters I’m Hyped to Play or at least see in the game.

Wow, I totally saw “Zero” instead of “X.” That’s another cool thing, then.

X was one of the first characters shown in the promotional material. I think him and Captain Marvel were the only new faces though.

I really hope that’s either bad info and just who they have playable at E3/CEO cause yikes if that’s real and what they are launching with. It’s so dull I can’t even be excited Combofiend kept our boy Spencer in there.

Nemesis over Wesker too? C’mon. I gotta get my Global Saturation on.

They gonna make us pay for Squirrel Girl DLC or what

$15, but you’ll also get a ticket to the next Iron Man movie.

1 Like

A roster so bad that it has to be true. Launching with eight less characters than a game which all of the returning characters have their animations pulled directly from is so capcom. I thought the point of cost-cutting like this was to increase your character count?

1 Like

they’re going to pump five years of DLC out of this, aren’t they

1 Like

or five years of capcom actually putting work and attention into a vs fighter for once

1 Like

Ha ha ha.

1 Like

yeah epic cynicism i guess (I’m not actually excited by anything this game’s doing right now myself) but i am genuinely curious to find out what it would look like to have one of these things not be immediately unsupported upon release because there’s almost literally no precedent for it

“support” and “dlc” are very long past established as being mutually inclusive notions in video games at this point so I don’t really get groaning about that either because what else would it even look like

Hey who is Xrd Rev 2-ing? I just jumped ship from SF to GG and will be ready to get my ass kicked by SBros soon.

1 Like

I’m revving it up on the 2Xrd. If by some reason we ever need more than 8 spaces there’s plenty of empty arcade lobbies. I’m on PC and PS4.

ArcSys is making Dragon Ball Fighters with 3v3 teams and Xrd style cel shading. Some are reporting 3v3 is like KoF. Some are reporting 3v3 is like Marvel2/3. Aye.

I’m so mad right now, i called this months ago

ugh I have absolutely no confidence in mvci but you can’t put megaman AND The Monster Hunter and expect me not to buy it

The screenshot shows multiple lifebars at once, which suggests some kind of tag mechanic to me. Excited to see this actually get shown off at E3.

1 Like

I have not watched the trailer too close but my secret hope for Dragonball FighterZ was that each of the saiyans are only selectable as a single character who attains their various ssj levels through meter management or in-game stuff, rather than say SS1 Goku and SS3 Goku being separate characters; and also in my special secret imagination space the higher levels are only attainable through intricate and specific, perhaps otherwise counterproductive, methods (parry all hits of a super, go 20 seconds without blocking or being hit, etc, etc) that are still interesting to pursue and pay off big time wow did you see that now he has the red fur wow.

I have paid money for more than a handful of ASW fighters, always returning to the realization that I do not like them. But big props to the ur anime boys on finally getting to actualize their one true destiny.

2 Likes

Oh, so like Potentials from Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax.

I imagine most games separate them because people want to play each version from match start. It also lets the developers go full ham on their movelist rather than trying to balance them as super modes.

This is finally the time for ArcSys to have a big shit (edit: not fixing this typo) because it’s going to be anime but anime people like. Hopefully they don’t drop the ball!

I don’t know anything about this game but I will look into it now.

You right. But imagine the asynchronicity and potential for both shifting the focus away from rushdown frametrap dominance and dramatic esports commentary yelling. These boys need to steal them Smash kids with the golden cartoon license ain’t nobody getting true rich off of dust loop enthusiasts.