FGC##201Xrd Reload[st] - Now on Steam! (Part 1)

Got UNIEL in the Anime Steam Sale but after toying with it I realize is not [st]. Though it never got out of the arcades, right?

Correct, there’s no home version of UNIEL[st], so only arcade kids have the current balance/game systems/the girl with the whip.

Damn, arcade kids always have the best toys.

Man whips are coming back into style, huh. Where’s GG’s whip character?

1 Like

[quote= “Yasushi Adachi”]The player loses over half of their life gauge when successfully cut by a sword. There was a lot of internal criticism about deducting so much life gauge with one attack. SNK management said this design had to be changed, but I thought it was very interesting to have players fight under the risk and fear of fighting with weapons and feel the destructive force of the sword, so I ignored them and kept it in the game.
[/quote]

1 Like

a true hero of game design

Checking some videos about UNIEL system and wow, this is a really great system. GRD sounds like a great mechanic. Pity is going to be hell finding people to play this with.

Setc thanks for buying UNIEL and triggering the universe to create a port of ST to give you buyer’s remorse.

Oh and if you ever want to play online you can hit me up.

Coming to PS4, PS3, and PSV this year with new character Enkidu.

2 Likes

I hope he has good fireballs or stretchy arms. We’ve already seen how Akatsuki struggles in this game.

Hahahahaha. Yeah, I bought it thinking “bet you we will get a new version announced” because such is the fate of the demonic trio of suckitude in FGs fandom: European, PC, games published by ASW. Port is still not for PC which will be in like a year… if it ever happens.

I will take into account the playing online. Still deciding if going with Akatsuki, Big Arms Grappler, Merkava or Linne.

Akatsuki is considered pretty good in ST. On the one ST tier list I see on Dustloop he’s considered A tier! Sure, every character is listed as A tier except for the three S tier characters. But Akatsuki is high A! I think his moves got better hitboxes and properties that give him better pokes, easier conversion on hits, and more consistent combos.

“PC to be announced later”

I dread that “later”

New info on Touhou 15.5, Antimony of Common Flowers. It’s a tag-team fighter.

TL care-of Drake on shrinemaiden:

[quote]

In this incident it’s two-for-one?

The still-ongoing influence of the urban legends has brought about a new incident.
In this incident two people are one!? In that case, we’ll have to resolve it together!

Create the baddest pair using Perfect Possession!

This is an incident where one person will spontaneously change places with somebody else, called “Perfect Possession”.
The playable characters are paired up as “Master” and “Slave”, and you can manipulate this designation at will.

The player will choose a pair of “Master” and “Slave”, and will fight together while switching between each other as a danmaku tag battle.
A Slave can lend the Master her power, occasionally pull her out of a tough spot, and be disposed in times of emergency. Such duels of love, friendship and exploitation will soon unfold.[/quote]

There are no random elements this time.

Demo released on 5/7.

edit: ZUN tweeted about it:

I choose to read “最凶の二人を選ぼうぜ!” as “Let’s choose a top tier duo!”

This game looks gross, and not just visually. also boooooo at rocket racoon being a bradley cooper soundalike now.

So I was about to impulse buy it when I stopped. Do I get tricked again? Should I repeat the cycle of anguish of playing ASW fighting games on PC and in Europe? Do I purchase it to trigger the announcement of yet another BB?

Well if it makes you feel any better the forum seems to have a lot complaints about the port quality and the online play region locked.

http://senkonoronde2.degicagames.com

You can thank me for this port, as I bought a Japanese 360 for SnR2. It’s just that it’s such a niche game that it took several years for the karma to come around.

5 Likes

PRAISE BE!

2 Likes

Well, that’s nice.

A day before Tekken 7 drops. That’s confidence.