FGC##201Xrd Reload[st] - Now on Steam! (Part 1)

mvc infinite can be tvc2: no assists edition as long as they include:
pharaoh man
devilotte
hauzer
pink ostrich
baby head
sprite morrigan
a zero from 1942
and boomerang kuwanger

4 Likes

Capcom just fucking with us now, announcing Morrigan and Cap instead of

yellow devil
saturn dyer
bleu
ground gargoyle
higemaru

1 Like

harman smith wheelchair and all i’d drop dead

3 Likes

In the least surprising reveals, they got Captain America and Morrigan out of the way.

That’s one I want too. Bonus points if his intro or outro has him riding the motorcycle-wheelchair from the Alter Ego end credits.

So… how’s Nitroplus? Not sure if picking it up with Revelator around the corner and UNIEL in my ‘to buy’ list, but still.

It’s not bad, really. I’m not a huge fan of the way the design virtually enforces each round ending in a spectacular, most-of-your-lifebar combo (because the meter gain is equal rates for both players, attacker and defender). It’s just kind of A Pretty Darn Anime Game and if you’re not particular attached to the characters (you aren’t) nothing really stands out that much about it.

What is the most CvS2 ish fighter available for Ps4 or PC that also has good netcode?

Not really but maybe

3 Likes

The answer to best netcode is still “something on GGPO or Fightcade or whatever variant of those services currently is active.” There has been basically no traction on this front.

1 Like

I’m still flabbergasted that they apparently haven’t fixed or even acknowledged the synchronization bug in SFV’s netcode that allows you to dump all the rollbacks on the other player.

Should I just get KoF14?

yes

xposted ‘how is the online play for garou?’

Significantly worse than just firing up the ROM on Fightcade, and the emulator is buggier too.

I sound like playlist on loop, but the state of Fighting Game Netplay is really that bad in commercial releases.

some day, i will make a fighting game

and it will have the best tech ever

and nobody will play it anyway

because that’s not what sells fighters.

3 Likes

I see. Well, I keep my coins for Revelator and UNIEL.

Since we’re talking Capcom Vs SNK. Here’s a nice, “Huh, neat” tidbit. MvC Infiite is the first Capcom fighting game developed completely in house since Capcom Vs SNK 2. The Director of the game at Japan is Norio Hirose/“Sailor” who worked on Xmen COTA and worked as programmer on all the versus series up till CvS1 before moving onto the Monster Hunter series who will be directing a completely in house team created for the game. Does not sound like Eighting is involved (Though as a lot of people have pointed out. Morrigan and Ryu share a lot of animations with even their Tatsucap versions)

At the same time, the producer (AKA The new Niitsuma) is Mike Evans, who’s ex-Bungie and Microsoft Studios and was associate producer on a whole bunch of Capcom games since 2011 or so. Capcom put production in the hands of Capcom USA as Marvel Games had recently relocated to California from NYC and Marvel has a “Long term interest” in the game.

That’s an interesting turn. Will we see the return of Capgod or the continued reign of Crapcom, true believers?!?

3 Likes

I believe Marvel is going for synergy with the MCU, so even if it sucks initially, it’ll get enough money thrown at it to end up mostly good, but ultimately lifeless

umvc3 on steam + ps4 tho I’m pretty excited for that