FGC##201Xrd Reload[st] - Now on Steam! (Part 1)

what was yall’s mains in usf4, and why?

Gouken and Cody.

Gouken because I’m a sucker for catch counter characters and I liked playing tricks with his rush punch and upward hadoken. He wasn’t really good in any revision on SF4 though, just passable in some matchups at best.

Cody because he’s a midscreen playing shithead with a lot of obnoxious options.

T. Hawk and Hugo.

I started with T. Hawk because it was an easier grappler to start than Zangief. And because I am incredibly awful in getting the timing of combos in the game. Years and years of Guilty Gear have made me very bad and linking stuff in SF.

Then I switched to Hugo because is the character I play in 3rd Strike and because it’s lots of fun. You need a boatload of patience, knowing how to use the few good normals you have and even then getting closer to characters like Gouken is hard as nails. But you can overcome any life difference in a couple of reads and Hugo is still a gigantic goof character, so I grit my teeth and lose match after match while taking mental note of how to do better next time.

Garou is getting a PS4+PSV port by the people who brought you The Last Blade 2: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/07/16/garou-mark-of-the-wolves-returns-on-ps4-and-ps-vita/

2 Likes

For this title, we at SNK have decided to adopt Code Mystics’ proprietary netcode once again, which was used on our previous Neo Geo classic The Last Blade 2 and received praise from both fans and the press.

:frowning:

Xrd Revelator balance patch is out right now, just after Evo Finals, and Dizzy’s a free download starting tomorrow.

Nice.

1 Like

Also she is cute.

EDIT:

This patch is basically all about nerfing Sin, Elphelt and Johnny, for the record.

Bacchus Sigh forces a stagger state on Mist Finer now, like Leo’s “unblockable.” Sin got hella damage nerfs and the meter recovering from eating comes in “steps” now so he can’t do it in as many spots, etc.

you guys saw that SNK is bringing Garou Mark of the Wolves to the PS4 right

right???

1 Like

Dizzy’s instant kill is mega moe

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2WAxkcvfTKdZHF2dXBaWGVLY1k&usp=sharing

Secret fighting drugs available at link above.

1 Like

It gives SNK money and encouragement to perhaps make a sequel to Garou and LB2?

Also Vita crossplay.

It’s ok, you’ll never need to buy a copy.

OH MAN I can’t wait for that to be 10 bucks!

Blue Beetle kinda looks like he’s had too many donuts.

This game is using that LA Noire tech, right? It shows.

Like when the first footage of KOF XIV came out, I actually like that this doesn’t look like a neat carbon copy of the way everything else looks right now. It looks like TV actors dressed up in superhero costumes, and I think that has its own charm. It’s a big step up from the first Injustice, where Wonder Woman looked like she was sporting awkward breast implants. My only complaints visually are things that are just related to the engine they use (lighting, weird aliasing around hair, pop-in of detail), but, what are you going to do, maybe that stuff will get better.

how come injustice looks so consistently boring awful and garbage

it’s a kind of talent in and of itself

1 Like

The Netherrealm aesthetic is a 18-29 white male focus group.

1 Like

Idk, I dug a lot of character designs in MKX