Fatigued Souls (Part 1)

You are not allowed to hate Dark Souls. Do you realize where you are?

I love dark souls but this remaster is disappointing tbqh

but also I’ll hate whatever the heck I want!

3 Likes

Toups come to bumpass.

i’ve banned myself from talking about dark souls because uh

i don’t like the original dark souls as much as any other soulsborne

and i’ll just not shut up about it if you press me on it

simpatico

I have no idea if I can

You all should check out Nioh.

1 Like
5 Likes

Tonight, I shall end Nioh.

Looks like an enjoyable progression of BB’s gameplay with some aerial maneuvering and possibly more advanced (required?) blocks/parries.

With how much this wells FROMstuff in general, but most clearly Souls mold, is it too much expecting a strange feast for the ~Lore~ hungry?

1 Like

Open all double doors with great effort.

3 Likes

Sooooo the description on the video.

“隻腕の狼、戦国に忍ぶ。”
“The one-armed wolf, concealed in Sengoku.”

I’m assuming I don’t need to translate Sengoku.

The interesting part here is 忍ぶ/shinobu/concealed. Almost certainly a reference to ninja(忍者) in particular.

Considering you can grapple onto stuff and are otherwise highly mobile, and AI has never been the series’ strong suit, I suspect they might be drastically improving that aspect of the game and this could be a new Way of the Shinobi type of game.

Or I could be totally wrong.

2 Likes

Oh yeah they made Otogi

This looks at least as fun

just bought Nioh to get it out of the way

2 Likes

Oh hey Tenchu Souls. Even got that grappling hook.

1 Like

I gotta be honest, if Sekiro was made by any other company I wouldn’t even give it a second thought. Aesthetically it just does nothing for me. If it is made by the Souls team I’m sure it’ll be mechanically fine but… no hype from me at this point.

6 Likes

I think like Bloodborne, the aesthetics are going to evolve over the course of the game and what we’re seeing in this trailer is the early game. I expect a lot of mythical Japanese creature influence (think Spirited Away), at the minimum.

1 Like

Yeah, I gotta say, visually, it looks really bland.

Indeed, souls game trailers often hold back from giving glimpses of the later areas. But this looks like a cross gen game. I mean, how did we go from the fantastic geometric complexity of DkS3, to this?

1 Like

It does look a bit bland, but it also looks like we’re seeing early game stuff. The little guys with the shields look like first-area Dark Souls enemies, like the conquistador guys in DS2. And the big dude looks like a first boss.

The giant snake has me thinking we’ll be getting some weirder stuff too. This clearly isn’t going to be a realistic historical thing. I would be all-in for yokai fighting.

1 Like

first trailers of all their games have been on the bland side so