Fatigued Souls (Part 1)

my experience is that the vast majority of invaders are pretty bad at the game. they have nicer gear but they have no sense of timing or tactics. they do like to run around the map and use enemies as shields and whatnot, though.

though, all bets are off in dark souls 1 which a laggy backstabathon.

1 Like

Well, all you’re saying is that you used to seriously play fighting games and most Souls players never have. There’s nothing in this series to train players in multiplayer tactics, particularly as the element of surprise, overpowered gear, even worse players, or lag will often win you matches regardless.

some days, the hunter becomes the prey

Yes I tend to dislike invasions too (not the mechanic, but the occurrence).

It’s even more frustrating when you have summoned a co-op buddy and you get invaded and they just stand there doing nothing, not intervening.

Mf***er it was an invasion not a consensual duel! Help me pile on this guy until he’s destroyed don’t stand there out of some misguided sense of fairness!

1 Like

In the complete opposite invading in DS3 was almost always a gankfest for the invader.

10 Likes

if this guy was god all animals would just be big fuckin spiders

Those systems changes sound fine for the most part. As for the remaster…

Well, it’s got that crisp and smooth…reduction of mood lighting and ambient spray cleaning. :yikesghost:

2 Likes

The true remaster starts here

no mention re: if you can respec your build in this

The inky shadows and glaring light reflections of the original, will be missed.
Reshade should be able to inject some of the color saturation and contrast back. But, for PC, this feels less exciting, thanks to DSfix. Not sure I will bother.

Having the smooth frame rate will be nice. And I Iike most of the gameplay tweaks.

They made some of the greenery sway in breeze. But it’s only in obvious areas.

The great success here is the Switch port. And this will be the second Souls game on console, to be 60fps.

Yeah this looks… nice but lost some of the appealing grit of the original. Idk how i feel about remasters like this or Wind Waker or Colossus, boosting visual fidelity at the expense of character.

Still buying this so i can give my poor laptop a rest, and have (almost) the entire series on one console.

They added a bonfire next to Vamos the blacksmith :frowning:

scamco strikes

i mean, maybe i’ll literally ever use fire/chaos weapons now (besides in SL1 runs)

¯\(ツ)

2 Likes

could’ve actually gone with some interesting changes like in sotfs, but no, just lazy cash grab.

Is that just texture streaming acting up? Those look like low-mip versions of the textures

unfortunately, no, it just looks like they tossed all art direction into the toilet.