Fatigued Souls (Part 1)

Will this game be any good? No se.

you can download it right now!

the subtitle on the name is “For those seeking [Adventure], [Battle], and [The Great Pore]” if you were wondering how far the puns go

1 Like

i hear there’s some kind of event going on? if not, there’s a surprising amount of online activity in pc dark souls 1 even now

I had told myself I was done with souls’s forever after my too numerous and (still!) unsuccessful attempts to take out Aldrich in 3 but I was drunk the other night and started playing random stuff on steam and ds1 came up and before I knew it I had sunk 11 hours into it over the last couple of days.

I guess I played and replayed the early game enough over the years that it seems almost second nature and all the bosses so far that used to make me sweat and swear up a storm now fall in two attempts max. Going for a faith/end/vit build this time around for a change from my usual pyromancer.

i straight up only play the first game if i want something chill to unwind and drink and listen to podcasts to, haha
It’s honestly the easiest in the series once you’re familiar

meanwhile i can’t get out of the first level of 3 and i think it is actually too hard!

It’s spooky month so i should totes roll a new character in Bloodborne, the best Halloween game

2 Likes
1 Like

It looks like they are shutting down the Demon’s Souls servers at the end of February 2018. Of course, the last time they announced that they changed their minds when people started buying and playing the game again in surprising numbers. Or maybe it was that they found a way to make it run more cheaply and efficiently. Or both.

I did very little co-op and was rarely invaded when I played through the game, but it still seems a shame for major aspects of the experience to disappear forever.

they just need to port the game to PC already and let people run their own servers. or find a way to do that on PS3?

guys I’m finally finishing dark souls 3

This is a global server shutdown, not just western servers this time, JP is too.

So yeah this is a ‘for real’ situation here.

I look forward to the inevitable private servers.

and the inevitable ps4 port

think I’m gonna hook up my PS3 and savor these last three months, maybe get the platinum trophy a second time. Won’t be the same without phantoms and soapstone messages.

this is harsh, evaluate me

6 Likes

I’m sorry y’all but I’m not feeling Bloodborne.

I felt similar for large chunks of it, by the end I felt it was good but not massively better than the other Souls games like everyone else seems to have felt

I was sold on Bloodborne the moment I encountered my first student. I still like Demon’s and Dark 1 better, but I’m glad I don’t have to choose and can simply play them all.

Aren’t we about due for another FromSoftware release? Maybe the next one will be a sequel to The Adventures of Cookie & Cream.

Also,

6 Likes

Demon’s losing its online function doesn’t really bother me. It’s unfortunate for whoever hasn’t played it yet and doesn’t know about the Old Monk, but otherwise I barely ever saw summon insignias and most of the messages were boring or sexist trash.

I don’t have the impression that Bloodborne is seen by a majority as being “massively better.” Judging by my exposure to various comment sections and discussions on social media, Dark Souls continues to be the most favored by a wide margin, and I think much of that is attributable (and rightly so) to Dark being the first of these games many people played. I absolutely do prefer Bloodborne over everything else I’ve played by From Software, though.

honestly last time i played most of the ‘Sticky White Stuff’ messages were off near Ostrava and ‘True Love’ everywhere near Yuria.

i’ll still defend dark souls 2 over the rest of the games in spite of everything it does wrong

still need to play bloodborne…

11 Likes

Hahaha good luck with that Pure Bladestone.

1 Like

oh I should contextualize: my entire knowledge of bloodborne opinions are based on selectbutton’s own takes (and many people here have said things like playing bloodborne first will retroactively ruin the earlier games) and on the few other people I talk about video games with.

So its the majority of people I know