Fading Brakelight Obscurity III - Green-Orange-Checkered Edizione

My new fav is Ben O’Bro’s (most well known for his very popular Singer 911 mod) Union Island, his reinterpretation of a small Caribbean island for Assetto Corsa.

I took a lot of liberties redoing the island. I made it to scale, but the roads in real life are limited and all made of concrete. The West only has forest path for example, whereas i made perfectly raceable roads all around. Please note it is not a racetrack, and you should drive accordingly :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Nice Peugeot 504… which was used as a rally car, fwiw, even with that claim it is not a racetrack :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Re Peugeot:

Nice

https://www.dailysportscar.com/?post_type=post&p=371314

but this is a whole different beast:

https://www.dailysportscar.com/?post_type=post&p=371399

:twinklestar:

1 Like

Shutoko Revival Project guys announced a new official Slow Car server today, featuring stock-ish cars instead of the purely fast + furious mid night club ones exclusively featured previously:

Daihatsu Copen Street Spec
Honda Acty HA3
Honda Civic EK Cup
Honda Civic Mugen Type SSS
Honda Civic Type R FD2
Honda NSX NA1
Honda S2000 AP1
Mazda MX5 Toru Suetsugu Version
Mazda RX-7 Infini
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR
Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II R32
Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX Type R Sti Version VI GC8
Toyota MR2 GT-S
Toyota MR-S C-One Motorsport
Toyota MR-S Haru Spec
Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex
Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A70
Zhonghua Zidantou CHB6401TA SRP Spec

an example:

They also, late last year, updated their servers to auto-generate continuously-spawning AI traffic for online play, as well.

rubs hands and licks lips

when i was playing often, last summer, i discovered a spot on the map where you can clip through a gap in the barrier, gun it down an uncompleted toll-way ramp and soar off into the abyss, floating in the nether realm until you are forced to respawn. i used this knowledge to lure upwards of a dozen young boys to their dooms. dark and fun times out there on the online freeway.

8 Likes

:sickos:

5 Likes

The traffic mod totally kills my performance on Shutoko for some reason… the same happens when lots of player driven cars are nearby. I don’t understand it as i’m doing 24 car races on Assetto Corsa with no problem :/

Yeah, I mean it def. doesn’t run great for me either, in the 30s-fps at times. Understandably has noticeably worse performance than any circuit track. Playing online on a packed 40 car Shutoko server with AI traffic is probably the most taxing thing you can ask the game to do, I’ve had it freeze up multiple times with big red text saying “CPU USAGE OVER 99%”.

Not sure there’s much to do to, for the online servers, to improve other than just stepping down graphics/fx in Content Manager. Like I run it with no rear-view mirrors, smoke generation disabled, ‘medium’ world/map detail, AMD upscaling from 70% of native monitor res, shadow resolution at like one up from minimum, etc. etc.

For offline play with the AI-Flood traffic, do you/have you tried loading your trackday grid with like only 5 cars, and using the various ‘traffic’ specific cars? They are built without real physics and lower poly models to help with performance.

2 Likes

This video won’t be ten years old for another three years so I’m posting it here.

6 Likes
6 Likes

TOYOTA
スープラRZ
スープラRZ(初期型17インチ)
スープラSZ-R(6MT)
MR2 GT-S(3型)
MR2 Gリミテッド(後期200ps)
アルテッツァ RS200
AE111トレノ BZ-V
AE86レビン(最強のストリートチューン)
NISSAN
R34スカイラインGT-R Vspec
R34スカイラインGT-R
R33スカイラインGT-R Vspec
ニスモ400R(R33)
R32スカイラインGT-R VspecⅡ
S15シルビア specR
S15シルビア specRエアロ(NISMO仕様)
S14シルビアK’s(圭オフィスチューン)
HONDA
NSX-R
NSX typeS・ZERO
NSX typeS
インテグラTYPE-R(初期15インチ)
インテグラTYPE-R(後期16インチ)
シビックTYPE-R
S2000
MAZDA
RX-7 TypeR(2型255ps)
RX-7 TypeRZ(265ps)
RX-7 TypeRS(280ps)
RX-7 TypeR(280ps)
ロードスター1800RS(NB8C)
ロードスターS-SPECIAL typeⅡ(NA8C)
ロードスターSパッケージ(NA6C)
MITSUBISHI
FTO GPバージョンR
ランサーGSRエボリューションⅡ
ランサーRSエボリューションⅡ
ランサーGSRエボリューションⅣ
ランサーGSRエボリューションⅤ
ランサーRSエボリューションⅤ
ランサーGSRエボリューションⅥ
ランサーRSエボリューションⅥ
SUBARU
インプレッサWRX STiバージョンⅡ
インプレッサWRX タイプR STiバージョン
インプレッサWRX タイプRA STiバージョンⅣ
インプレッサWRX タイプRA STiバージョンⅤ
SUPERCARS
フェラーリF50
フェラーリF40
フェラーリF355 Berlinetta
ポルシェ911turbo GT2(993型)
ポルシェ911turbo(993型)
RUF BR2(964型 エレクトリッククラッチ)
ランボルギーニDIABLO
ダッジVIPER RT10

S2000 two seconds slower than a 2nd-gen turbo MR2? wow, that’s a spicy boy.

4 Likes

Damn that is the good shit

2 Likes
1 Like

love their Enthusiasm, but left completely cold by karting.

idk, maybe it is the missing weighttransfer that is lacking in karts, but i’d rather play some more rubbish econoboxes that barely scrape 50mph mark than Mariokart:The Real Simulator?

Must be my french connection, huh. :tarothink:

2 Likes

Where is my FWD Shitbox drifting-on-lunch-trays racer

4 Likes
4 Likes

MX-5 weight, ~5 times the power… :smirk:

2 Likes

I like this person’s videos.

4 Likes

i agree, cool vidz

1 Like

this looks like a riot

3 Likes

Three banger Yaris does 11 flat in the quarter. (on street tires)

3 Likes