Fading Brakelight Obscurity II - Championship Edition (Part 1)

sometimes I wish I didn’t crave density so I could have that kind of space

sadly I’m pretty sure I’d be miserable

this is why outer Seattle is so nice, though it’s not exactly cheap and traffic is terrible

1 Like

Prob. will never get a Bone but happy these guys keep getting money to make these games.

1 Like

It’s also coming to the PC so there is that.

Cross buy with PC as well.

Super into this. Loved Horizon 2 and Storm Island. This seems like a perfect marriage of the two. Still disappointed they didn’t do Japan, but Australia’s a really good choice. I’d imagine Japan might be later though.

The heads of T10 and Playground dropped a hint there may be a third Forza series coming as well. Which would be interesting to see where they could go from here.

Some kinda cinematic NFSalike trash?

This Youtube streaming stuff is pretty fancy now. Live chat like Twitch, and camera switching built into the interface. Would watch more racing if it was all like this.

Ford lagging behind Ferrari atm.

1 Like

I think the current word is a specific “Forza VR” game since Dan Greenwalt didn’t seem interested in just slapping headset support into Forza 7 when asked at E3.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did a Forza “The Fast and The Furious” since they had a deal to put the cars from the F&F series in Horizon 2 and Forza 6. If they could do something like Stuntman where you were hitting marks for insane FNF style stunts. That would be a nice diversion and different (Also Stuntman Ignition was a hidden gem of last generation). I know people are screaming for Project Gotham but Horizon covers a lot of that ground that Gotham/Midtown Madness/Rallisport Challenge did before. If they do a second spin off, I’d love to see them cover something that maybe had a great concept but didn’t fully land like the Stuntman series. Recreating stunts with real cars from real films? (Especially since Car manufacturers are really in with Forza these days. Audi’s doing a whole Le Mans tie in). I’d be so down for that.

1 Like

Lead driver for Team Select Button

1 Like

It is rainy outside and I just got some of this year’s spring harvest gaoshan in and the Festival of Speed is on.

Just look at this thing:

This motherfucker just put glass-bottled carbonated mineral water into his radiator on stream.

2 Likes

drifting right into the d-dimension

1 Like

I still need to catch up with what went down in Le Mans this year, even though I’ve been there, had Radio Le Mans Radio in my ears for most of the race, but somehow it still seems so unreal.

You can catch a small glimpse of the Toyota (sitting duck) there, and when I think back to this very moment, the almost complete silence in the grandstands is what makes it feel so weird watching it unfold. Not that I’d have wanted Porsche-fans to go all crazy, but somehow everyone just couldn’t believe it, in a way …

… well, and then there’s been 'nuff said about BoP and Ford GT, Ferrari et al. My stance (still) is that if you’re building a car almost exclusively to do well at a track, and then you actually do well there, and everyone starts bitching about it … uh, that’s kinda what was to be expected? And iirc, they also got a podium in america (laguna seca?) before le mans, so it’s not like they went from zero to hero.

Anyway, after I’ve sorted out some nice pixx, I’ll be back for some more about LM2016.

and yes, I’ve finally bought that one

and am now pondering whether I should get a proper seat for it as well. Just clamping it to a table and doing two laps in Project Cars already made me realize how overdue this step has been …

1 Like

Buggy cars, Limos, a real version of a Hot Wheels Car and now Racing Trucks and three wheelers.

Forza 7 and Horizon 3 are going to be super dumb and that is awesome

5 Likes

First decent instance of racing trucks since Colin McRae DiRT?

1 Like

that is some weird cast of cars for a racing game like forza. feels a bit like they’re going back to having those wacky cars for you to discover, instead of only plugging the newest rehash of super-/hyper-car XYZ.

kinda like that!

and hey, gotta go fast?

indeed, i want to!

I adore the fuck out of this stupid car

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272305579406?rmvSB=true

1 Like

I think there were some low budget Brazillian games that had Truck Racing but there’s been no real attempt since Super Trucks on PS2. Haven’t downloaded the DLC either (I’m not THAT much of a whale. I have the Season Pass and both Porsche and NASCAR expansions. But none of the packs after that. I can hold out for a sale) but the community’s raving about it just as much as the Caddy XTS Limo (And that thing was hilarious). I think it’s super cool that instead of going after every hypercar or JDM dream car for the Season Pass (Still no S14 for example), Turn 10 went for real curios and cult classics along with crazier things like Limos and Trucks.

Horizon 3 they said they were going after some more crazier things like Utes and some of the legends of Aussie cars. But I hope they get some Raid Spec cars and trucks in like DIRT 1 and 2. Though 73’ Ford Falcon XB has been in Forza since 5 I believe. So you can make the Interceptor from Mad Max (And why wouldn’t you?)

I’m still in awe they managed to land a Subaru BRAT in the FM6 DLC. That’s a real deep cut of Japanese and American car history. It’s legendary for being a bit rubbish but it’s still incredible that something historic like that made it in over whatever hypercar of the month.

Regular Car Reviews did a video on it. NSFW obviously.

4 Likes

God I wish that guy would just talk about the car instead of injecting grunted profanities at the worst possible times

1 Like

that basically summarizes my TopGear experience after season 10-ish!

…… and is one of the things I like on some ytube channels:
When they just tell you about the background of the car, or why it works (or doesn’t) - I can read that it has a nice 8-speed-auto-box, just tell me if it does the 5000rpm downshift-manouver at 180kph as well as the 10kph 1-to-2 switch ~~~

I usually agree with this but for some reason I find it sort of amusing/endearing with this guy. Also I really enjoy his vids where he just talks shit on people at car shows

About every fifth aside is a miss - punching down or veering to the coprological.

He seems to know that most of the schtick is talking about cars as symbols so it’s weird that he’s so bothered by phonies.

He’d be great if he had a producer that wasn’t an arch-dude. Like how Dan Savage is reigned in by his “mean lesbian boss.”