Fading Brakelight Obscurity II - Championship Edition (Part 1)

1 Like

Some great stuff live streaming here, 60s GT cars running right now: Lightweight E-Types vs Daytona Cobras, etc., some crazy pre-war cars before this. Splendid.

2 Likes

Oh. Oh my. Anyone wanna buy a used s2000?

3 Likes

I hope the rear window rolls down like the Del Sol. Looks so good!

Edit: it does indeed!

1 Like

oh my god yes yes yes yes stock hardtop mx-5 yes yes yes please

Finally a blue skies automobile

I would probably change my mind if I drove a Ferrari IRL but my Miata is the closest thing I can get to OutRun for real without a constant reminder of my mortality.

that MX-5 RF looks like a nice ride, esp. considering that it comes with a folding hardtop … and, even better, the design is slowly starting to get better, seems like a grower as well.

Based Codebastards strikes again, this time saving the recently closed Evolution Studios from the abyss!

http://blog.codemasters.com/community/04/codemasters-welcomes-the-team-from-evolution-studios/

and right in time for Super GT season beginning - yesterday. Unfortunately, no english commentary for the stream, but for those who know a thing or two about the series, here’s your dose of Mr. Orange Jacket, Blue vs. Red car, Miku Hatsune (wait, is it still a SLS?) and Evangelion Benz …

But seriously. Someone should absolutely go and do a Super GT-game … it’d only sell in Japan, you’d expect, but then there’s Gran Turismo that thrived also due to the iconic JGTC machinery they pitched to an audience that managed to shift the balance of sportscar-world, so that we have a GT-R35 and Lexus LFA that can match “normal” supercar-territory. Anyway. Sega GT also plugged those machines, as did ENTHUSIA, and even Forza 3,4,5 (and pretty likely 6 as well).

honorable mention:

and who the hell is Christopher Lookstone and WHAT is this game?

2 Likes

Sort of love everything happening in this article:

2 Likes

GOODSMILE use a 2016 AMG GT3 now, which is not in any vidyajames yet. I checked F6 and they have the stock 2011 GT3 which Goodsmile used before along with Black Falcon’s 2014 Blancpain entry.

The Motul GT-R is in there though and the first community livery that comes up is the Calsonic so, you are covered on some of the Super GT cars at least.

yeah, watched the first half of the first race and am starting to recognize a few of the newer cars. New Prius looks ace, but probably hasn’t got the V8 LMP1 punch it had the year before, the 6-series BMWs seem to be pretty good out the gate, and the LEON GT3 seems to be in a good position to score the win.

and no matter how the series will change, it’ll always be a parade for cars where you go all “who’d even think about designing a color-scheme like that” when you cannot unsee it. Like that green SLS GT3, or the Pink Huracan.

so, since it is that (in)famous time of the year where I go off and shamelessly plug everything I love (or hate) about SQEX-related games and gaming, naturally I had to do a short writeup on driving in the FFXV demo.

http://selectbutton.net/t/sqex-w9-11-kuja-excellent-kupo-power-mobility-you-truly-are-the-best-you-even-hurt-me-a-little/1414/10?u=sonnick

tl;dr: Fading Brakelights.
Seriously!
I still don’t know what that should tell me about SQEX. Ridiculous fanboy pandering? (#worksForMe, tbh)

Hello racing thread

Moto Racer 4 was announced

Day one

Well I’ll be damned.

Elliot Grassiano, Microïds Unit VP, explains: “Moto Racer 4 fits in perfectly with Microïds’ new strategy, which is to concentrate on ambitious video game projects with an international scope, such as Syberia 3 and Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders. This latest offering wil put the spotlight back on a legendary video game franchise that has been very popular among gamers”.

Hmmm.

whoa, that is some …… CV.

so, what wheelin’ have I been doing recently:
Project Cars got its GOTY-edition out the door today, pondering whether I should pick that up later or wait for #2 sequel to follow, and then start racing with a wheel/on PC. Because if there’s anything that’s bugging me about PrjCars, it is the problem I have w/ racing properly with a pad… some cars are such b!+ches to drive with a pad it’s not funny anymore.

The upside is that I started trying some cars/makes I’d never have given a proper shot, and starting to appreciate what the intention was behind these models. I am still on the fence whether the new AMG GT GT3-Benz is cool or just-another-benz, but I’m looking forward to how it fares against the new R8, M6 and Bentley in Nür 24h later this month.
SuperGT (of all things) gives you a good idea what to expect, a pity that we won’t see more of these weirdo cars dueling it out there (MH-Prius going up against a Lambo/911 on Nür, count me in).

for those who want to have a short look, here you go:

so, yeah, I’ve been continuing to watch SuperGT, although we do not get the quite brilliant NISMO commentary from 2015, which made these races so much more interesting. Nevertheless, the information gotten last year is enough to know what’s up. Will be interesting to see comparison of laptimes when the WEC goes to Fuji later that year.
re WEC: 6H of Spa tomorrow, last duel before Le Mans (will be watching live/in Le Mans again \o/ ).

DTM also starting tomorrow, and it’s a shame we didn’t get at least one DTM-car in the SuperGT this year as it has been rumored last year. Them germanz should up their game and get a proper turbo-engine running to make this dream of a unified prototype Touring car finally come true, after such a long time.

ayupp, SEGA jumped on that wagon even before it was actually rollin’, too fast. 20 years later and the same thing is about to take place, all over again ~~~~

WTCC is on again this weekend (and still no official game giving us these nice FWD-beasts? WTCC07 was pretty cool~) and … yeah, maybe it is really time to get a wheel/get over it.

tl;dr: season is in full swing, enjoy them LED-non-fading-brakelights

1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

my dream driving game would pretty much be the travelogue Mikey posted earlier. Not only because it features an interesting modification for one of my most dreamed of car but also for the Americana of it all and the yellow paintjob (even if it wasnt a perfect application, I think yellow is perhaps the greatest automobile colour and I think Ive always thought so without knowing it). I basically want American Roadtrip simulator, like Outrun in long-form.