Fading Brakelight Obscurity II - Championship Edition (Part 1)

Yeah but, there’s gotta be some people in the racing industry who have cash and would love to get a project going on a new track. I mean that Sony probably wouldn’t have to fund the whole thing themselves.

holy shit I have never wanted to see someone do a big, fat, smokey, ridiculous drift on something so hard in my life

5 Likes

Ken Block will probably get there eventually

1 Like

Fucking around with Forza Street which is a freemium mobile thing (which you can actually also play on Windows, as I am doing). The races are all a big one-button QTE mostly, with nitrous you can activate. It’s not hard, at least in early events.

Mostly I think the compulsion of unlocking new shit is the draw here. I have two cars: A 2015 Mustang and a Nissan 370Z. I’ve only used the Mustang thus far so I don’t know what effect changing cars will have. I sorta like the title track?

1 Like
4 Likes

5 Likes

More realistic Mad Max cars

1 Like

I appreciate the maroon car has a towing mirror on it to make up for the blind spot

2 Likes
1 Like

It unfortunately says a lot about the genre that Codemasters are rebooting GRID and it’s not getting a huge response considering that game was pretty big when it released. Though apparently they had an media influencer day to show F1 2019 (Out at the end of this month) and then showed them it randomly and gave IGN the trailer. Out September 13th too. It looks like GRID so I am OK with that?

buying a group B rally car seems like a great way to kill yourself

4 Likes

i have tried the grid demo back then, and… tbh, that was it.
It wasn’t bad, or lacked in some crucial area it just… didn’t click, i suppose?

I came back for the PSN+ free grid autosport(?), which bragged about having le mans, woohoo.
Somehow, that didn’t click as well, probably because Project Cars has been out as well, and did it better™.

Now, reading of a reboot of the grid franchise, I am wondering… why does it need to be rebooted? It’s not like they can’t put a sequel number on it, GT and FM have been doing this for decades now. Or do they want to bury their past?
Is it some re-branding, or is there some plot-reason?

I keep thinking Grid was some racer that had powerups and now I can’t remember which one that was.

that was Blur, i think.

1 Like

All these gat damn one word titles

2 Likes

Yeah I posted that trailer to the news thread a while back but everyone was busy talking about playdate or death stranding or something.

Which is to say I too forgot about Grid.

1 Like

Grid never caught my interest

2 Likes

have watched that trailer now, and… is that really… Florence & the Machine?

other thoughts:
interesting to see that they invested some $$$ to get some of the GTE Pro contenders’ licenses, i guess that it’ll be fantasy-tracks with the usual suspect LM and/or Nür tracks to provide the backdrop to sell to the GT/FM-crowd?

it’ll have to compete with another entry in the market for those honors though:
=> entry me, as every year round about this time:
jeeez, is it june already, again?

with Le Mans in two weeks, and the Nürburgring 24h in three, i will probably find no time to take Assetto Corsa Competizione for a proper spin, i guess:

the Official Blancpain series game, and - as far as i understood, correct me if imma wrong - a standalone title only, this game will feature the 2018 Blancpain GT field, tracks and competitors.

I guess that means that

• it’ll have no Le Mans or Nordschleife?
  • GT3 cars only,
  • Brands Hatch, Barcelona, Monza, Paul Ricard HTTT, Spa, Silverstone, Zolder,… maybe also Nürburgring GP-course? … can’t remember more of their Sprint/Endurance-calendar of last year, sorry~~~

… so is that bad?

Kinda not, but the 2019 season as well as the asian/amercian series will be missing, i suppose? - sth that would be a shame, tbh: Having those series and tracks to drive on with the full 2018/2019 fields from around the world - now that’d be something i would love to do.

KPAX Bentleys vs Super Taikyu GT-Rs vs GT300 D’Station 911 vs Nür 24h GT3 monsters vs 100 customer Audi R8s… if that doesn’t get you interested, you are probably sane, congratulations. Lucky you!

for the rest/me:
Maybe that’ll be some DLC or track/series pack, but atm i wouldn’t count on it. Gonna report back if i get my hands on it early.

n. b.:
also a reminder for a topic i wanted to talk about for a while now, almost even worth a podcast topic: jack of all trades <=> to each his own - a racing game/sim per series, Yay or Nay?