Fading Brakelight Obscurity II - Championship Edition (Part 1)

Skip to the end for the double backflip

3 Likes

this is a very good looking car

all cars should look like this

wow

3 Likes

hmmm, idk, i did like the design of the concept a bit more, at least in terms of ratio wheels:car.
and wasn’t that a a three door version?

*disclaimer:
But then you should never trust me, i like this

and this car,

so what do i know about cars anyway!

deep lore revealed in that video: a Honda first, they actually mostly designed the production model first, then made the previous concept as a hype-building design exercise, and then put some of that stuff back into the real thing after everyone loved it

yeah, i love the fully charged vids since they manage to be so enthusiastic about e-mobility, yet in such a non-obnoxious way compared to a lot of e-car videos are starting to get.
like, yeah, we get it by editnow*/edit*, it is like “NEVAR WANNA DRIVE FUEL CAR AGAIN” for you, that’s cuteeee, but not the only point worthwhile being pointed out.

so i have that on my gonna-watch list for the weekend!

Kinda looks like a blobject version of the Golf/Rabbit. (oh they mention that)
Its not doing a whole lot for me. I’ll be interested to see if it can go a round a corner or break the back end loose.

“the cube is a design masterpiece I think” Oh god. I mean that watch was bad enough.

I do wish they would abandon the “grill” language in the nose design. I really hate big screens in the interior, especially at night but so it goes these days I guess. I just want a physical gauge or a heads up display. The mirrors are just the worst Idea I can imagine.

Its better looking than the horror show that is most modern car designs Ill give it that but, meh.

1 Like

DiRT 4 is the perfect rally game to play with a gamepad while you wait for Dirt Rally 2.0 to get VR support so you can buy it and play with your wheel setup.

3 Likes

let me subject all of you to my gt sport photos

i love how clean and bright the world of gran turismo feels without managing to seem sterile

there’s no rain in the races. there is one challenge stage that has it. it looks pretty nice! all the cars have working wipers! i guess we’ll have to wait till gt7 for it.

i’ve gotten a lot of extra mileage out of collecting and making liveries

the tokyo track(s) are my favorite just to run laps on

i feel like nobody does lighting better than these guys

scapes can be fun to play with

they added the mc laren f1 GTR to the game in the last update. i immediately bought it. the following day, i got one for free as a reward for my “daily workout” (yay mobile game design trends). now i have two, so i do things like this.

don’t know if i’m keen on the styling but the new supra drives enjoyably

again, tokyo expressway is great for Ridge Racer 4 roleplay

be cool :v:

11 Likes

Very subtle lighting, very nice indeed

idk, hasn’t Toyota said it didn’t want to put their road cars in games anymore?
because that suspiciously looks like a road going supra…

In preparation for a visit of resident Porsche-Nerd colleague at work to try his hands at some vintage machines from Zuffenhausen, i was shocked how bitchy these monsters react to turbo-lag induced sudden bursts of power, in best conditions no less.

Like, a current GT3 1h session of stress level can be had compressed in 8ish minutes when trying to turn one quick lap with such a beast.

Madness, indeed.

3 Likes

I think they said they were no longer interested in putting their older machines in. I assume for how their past embarrasses their current selection. They should at least have the hot euro Yaris in there.

but then that’s even more reason to include your cars in the game, isn’t it?

The MR2s, Supras and Corollas are iconic machinery, and atm you just cannot drive them, which i think is a shame. I like comparing old and new, i.e. going from the current gen gt86 to the ae86 and see how - or if - some handling traits survived… the omission of them doesn’t make me crave a gt86 any more than their existence would, tbh, but rather made me acknowledge that the infinity coupe (g-something) is at least good enough to fix my craving for a lexus sc400… so idk, this doesn’t work too well for me, i’d say?

and let’s be frank, if i could drive only one racecar in my life, it’s the GT-One/TS020, no matter what they try to sell.
their next best thing that’s actually affordable and that i would consider buying is…

Unfortunately…

… this.
They even put it on a race track for a photo-shooting, how seriously uncool is that?
Exactly, not enough to make me not like it.
The only thing that can save my soul is a LC500 getting cheaper in landslide-mode, and i don’t see thst Happening anytime soon…

Toyota is the Konami of car manufacturers?

3 Likes

i went to dallas a couple months ago and they have those tech startup scooters and i rented one and yada yada economic critiques etc. it was fun to ride and i want to buy a stolen/decommisioned one on CL now I bet they are like two hundred bucks wow

i had a razor my daddy bought it for me i bet it cost the same i rode it wearing an orange bucket cap

later he built my younger brother a half pipe in the back yard and i took it on there v.unsuccessfully

1 Like

I find the Dirt Rally tutorials to be extremely chill and amazing. Such low key music and straightforward explanation of absolutely bonkers racing techniques.

2 Likes

so here’s a neat article about a dude having his lamborghini espada scanned by polyphony: https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/03/27/gran-turismo-3d-scanned-1970-lamborghini-espada

3 Likes

I dunno if I’ve posted this guy yet ITT but it’s so strange/engaging

2 Likes

8 Likes

did it go zug-zug-zug-zug?