Fading Brakelight Obscurity II - Championship Edition (Part 1)

I have a G920 and it’s very good for Force Feedback, deadzone adjustment and is a nice wheel all round but the brake pedal is incredibly stiff that it might take a while to get used to it. Also you’ll need a good, sturdy place to put it because it’s rather large and the FFB is very strong

2 Likes

They are good and they will make everything you play with them fun enough that you will refuse to go back.

The wheel mechanics on the T150&+ Thrustmasters are probably better, but it’ll cost you more than $250 to get a wheel/3-pedal/shifter set, even used. The Logitech pedals are real nice. There is always jumping up to the halo level Thrustmaster or Fanatec or like serious big boy direct-drive motor bases but that’s a bunch of money for crazies.

2 Likes

G29 works on PS4 and PC (if you get the PS4-branded one, at least) and works like a charm with PrjCars1+2, Assetto, RealRacing(?) on PC.
On PS4, PrjCars2 has a few scenarios where the ffb is acting up with a specific car/track combo, maybe they have fixed it by now, didn’t try that for a few months though.

I started playing Burnout Paradise Remastered a few nights back. I am in the part of the game I will likely enjoy most where there are all these gates to drive through and billboards to figure out how to smash through. Soon I will have most of them (I mean I’m already at like 310/400 gates and 79/120 billboards) and I hope I’ll still enjoy it.

1 Like

aww sheeet

1 Like

The best survival horror game of 2016 gets a sequel!

4 Likes

Really looking forward to buying this + the VR DLC a year or so after launch!

Imagine a bunch of real people in cars doing donuts spontaneously on a motorway because they saw another player do it while a gentle snow falls from the sky and Clair De Lune plays in the background.

Forza Horizon 4 is magical

5 Likes

I was really not impressed by the UI and task overload of watching my friend play 3 but I’ve heard very good things this time

You won’t like the UI again because it’s still very busy and feels like it has to let you know everything, but one of the big system changes is that progress is significantly more open ended and it’s not bombarding you with tasks like 2/3 did and trying to shuffle you along. It takes a moment to tell you how doing things helps you progress alongside the racing/stunts including making paints, taking photos and designing tunes and then lets you get to it in any order you want. It’s actually rather done well even if you don’t realize you are progressing. Which I rather like because 3 got rather exhausting when it was just shuffling you around telling you where to drive, go find a drivatar to challenge them etc, etc.

I think what amazed me so far is that while the seasons are a bit of a gimmick, they are an exceptionally well done gimmick. I took a Ford Mustang out during the Autumn season part of the prologue and embarrassingly got stuck in the mud after some heavy rain while the car was nigh uncontrollable. Cars do handle differently for each season. And the prologue Seasons have completely made me rethink what cars I should be setting up for each season. I haven’t made it to the live world yet (Just got to Spring in the prologue last night and then it will roll me into the full world with summer as the current set season which they will roll over weekly). And the shared world stuff is just amazing. Along with spontaneous Donuts in the snow. Last night I saw a bunch of players in trucks roaming a mountain looking for the same barn find I was. Someone came across it and started loudly honking their horn so everyone could find it. Their horn was also the Windows XP Shutdown jingle.

Also requisite 131 shots because I know what you are all here for (And Xbox Live was just slammed last night so I couldn’t upload them till today).

5 Likes

I only heard passingly that the business model is atrocious. So I guess that means microtransactions? How bad are they, do they mess with the game balance?

Can only really speak for 3/some parts of 2, but it got way better in 3, at least from the cars-being-DLC-only pov… these bastards thought it is a good idea to make the NA2 NSX DLC material, and that was the end of any ambitions i had to properly play Horizon2 for a few weeks even, before the Horizon4 demo was out.

Yeah, they crossed a line there, locking away the (old) NSX is one of the most stupid ideas i ever experienced, when i didn’t even bother about the new one that was also locked away in three… yeah… I’m special, thanks, I know!

Anyway, Horizon3 still had DLC carpacks, but way more cars to your disposal. I expect the same from Horizon4, tbh, so if you can say “yeah, that ___ would have been nice, but i have X and Y anyway, that’s fine” and not shell out money, then you’ll probably be fine…

If there’s a certain car that’s on the other side of styx for you, i can offer you to take a look whether it is in there and report back.

1 Like

I honestly forgot this was out and I am giddy.

Cars have skill trees and players share an instance… did they make hoon Destiny for me??

1 Like

obligatory Tim video link

Don’t tell my brother but he’s getting this for his birthday.

3 Likes

Wow, he actually dialed the timness up to 11 on this one. I think it’s Art but I don’t know if I want to look at the YouTube comments!

No, there’s no need for that. I just wanted to know the general situation. Thanks for the info!

seems like a great thing to spend my Windows 10 Xbox Game Pass free trial on

They changed the update plan up a bit where the car pass cars will arrive two at a time every week instead of monthly. There will also be three cars added to the game available to everyone in the Forzathon store each month as well that will be a mix of returning cars and new cars along with occasional bonus cars. I remember Horizon 3 got a special Miata/MX-5 celebration pack of three models and in one of the most absurd and brilliant tie ins, the Regallia from Final Fantasy XV. So there’s probably going to be a lot of additional content between the season pass, expansions and Free cars. Especially as Turn 10 operates with the rule that all DLC cars have to be brand new to the series.

You can drive an AMC Hornet like in The Man with the Golden Gun and make the horn a slide whistle to match

1 Like

I looked into the monetization some more and I really dislike the VIP pass or what’s it called that gives you double the credits for wins and such. That just feels like you’re getting half the credits when you play without it, which is what I’d do. This then screws with how much you have to play to get what you want. As in the damn balance of the game.

The number of cars they give you from the go is amazing and I have no real issue with car packs although of course it is better to just offer me the chance to buy one specific car that I want instead of that and a couple I don’t want. I wouldn’t buy cars anyway, probably. I’m not a car guy. One hyper car is the same as all hyper cars to me.

I guess this game isn’t really for me. I like action spectacle racing games and rpg-like car games. This is a spectacle car game. Notice the difference between racing games and car games. Yeah I’m being picky but there’s a million games coming out all the time and they each take a million hours to play and all cost 60 bucks or more to enjoy and that’s the market today, so I have be picky

1 Like