Fading Brakelight Obscurity II - Championship Edition (Part 1)

Is there any chance this can become a general automotive enthusiasm thread or should I start a new one in General or what

Holy fuckkkk I need this game

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=614350862

That’s a neat concept. I could totally be down for that. Especially if you could tune into “local” radios and experience some proper late 80’s German pop musik.

Also Need For Speed Most Wanted 2012 is on Origin for free. It’s not really great but it’s kinda like Burnout Paradise with real cars.

https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/buy/nfs-most-wanted-2013/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition

Huh. I never realized Most Wanted and Rivals are open world. I just thought them brownified Hot Pursuits. Well. Hmm. Rivals 30fps on PS4? Hmm.

just go ahead and post to your hearts content … if it has wheels, it’s cool. And we can surely find a game that might have [car X] in its lineup, so it’s an additional challenge!

in other news, dark … is the night for all … … and i am absolutely horrified of tackling a stage properly at night w/ the 131 … … because my test-drive ends as usual: backwards, in a ditch.
I can only imagine how Dirt:McRae must feel like, what with it surely 1-upping the Seb Loeb-game.

well, technically the metal is actually made up of a lot of composite bodywork yadayadayada #nerdRageOKIStopNow
but that sounds like a fun game, yes.

I generally don’t care for racing games at all but for whatever reason (perhaps because of this particular reason, actually) I enjoyed the most recent NFS: Most Wanted more than I thought I would. For the price of free I say it is worth at least trying out.

I want someone to license the likenesses of these vehicles and their owners and make a game

3 Likes

keep your fingers crossed that the RX Evolution-coupe that mazda showcased a while ago will actually be another wankel-engine’d car …… the RX-8, as much as I want to love it (and I’ve driven the 231 bhp-version once), just doesn’t feel right to be the last wankel-engined-car-ever™

(totally ignore the Audi A1 e-tron concept car that actually has a wankel engine as a range-extender since that doesn’t count (yeah, I’m still being mad at them for killing the wankel engine after they’ve acquired NSU))

1 Like

I don’t think there’s any reality in a 2020 world where Mazda producing a rotary car makes sense. They are not dumb or rich enough to try it. If the RX-9 ever comes to market it will be small-to-mid displacement piston-powered and turbocharged, as every other car is and will be.

This is not a sad future. Rejoice:

1 Like

I mean, granted it’s a concept but it sounds like they’re at least considering it:

http://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/mazda-news/mazda-new-sports-car-concept/

1 Like

[quote=“Victor, post:51, topic:113, full:true”]
I don’t think there’s any reality in a 2020 world where Mazda producing a rotary car makes sense. They are not dumb or rich enough to try it. If the RX-9 ever comes to market it will be small-to-mid displacement piston-powered and turbocharged, as every other car is and will be.[/quote]
That’d be too obvious for those wacky-wankel-japs - is what I hope. They had a fleet of (prototype) Mazda 5 soccer-mum-vans fitted with hydrogen-fed wankel engines a while ago, project got binned and until now was MIA. Nowadays, it’d still be too early to go down the hydrogen route, but since Toyota and Honda are already dabbling in the hydrogen-market, I want to believe … (that they are daring enough to push this into production. For a price-point that’ll be way too expensive for me to afford this monster, of course, but one can dream …)

[quote]This is not a sad future. Rejoice:[/quote] Hell yes. Even though Because it is a turbocharged four-cyl MH, I expect a price point of at least 30k+, but this would go well with my Alpine jacket (ok, SIGNATECH Alpine A450B-#36 jacket, but that's a Le Mans 2014 souvenir…)

I bet they price it right against the other two low-ish volume prestige mid-engined 2.0l turbo 4cyl 2 seater sub-5sec 0-60 sports cars; Boxster/Cayman and 4C. Would be surprised if it’s anything lower than mid 50s.

Is the RX-Vision midengined? I think all of their other wankels have been FR.

They oughta put the turbo from the CX-9 in their smaller cars for a new round of Mazdaspeeds.

It’s FR, the Alpine concept is MR. The new RX would have to be priced against the GT-R and FT-1 in the 90k+ range.

It’ll be interesting to see how the new Fiat Spider shakes out. MX-5 with (essentially) the 500 Abarth engine, which apparently responds well to a few simple mods.

I’m personally keen on a new MPS3 but I can’t say why it’d be better than the WRX.

The Fiat is no consolation after the Alfa-Mazda spider fell through.

yeah, I guess they’ll do that foolish thing and be surprised that their ridiculous sales targets aren’t matching up to showroom-floor numbers: Because nobody could have guessed that people would buy the Porsche for that money.
ah well …

Please more automakers keep putting some prestige-project, wankel-engined cars into production until they become viable thx.

3 Likes

Adorable Miata style sport coupés making a comeback I can totally deal with

Also behold the final unlock for every racing vidya game till the end of time. You too can enjoy yacht like steering as your final reward

To keep it video games related. It’s rumored Forza Horizon 3 will be announced tomorrow at one of the press events (Likely BMW) and also it will be on Windows 10 along with xbone. Forza 6 is allegedly making the jump as well and was embargoed from last week. Which would be super nice.