Fading Brakelight Obscurity II - Championship Edition (Part 1)

the sense of speed is lacking, at least with the initial cars, and not a fan of the soundtrack - but the graphics and particularly the car sprites in this game are real juicy wish I could play it on a big screen

I think I read something about that game coming to Switch, but maybe I’m confusing it for Horizon Chase.

welp I think this guy wins, pack it up everybody

7 Likes
1 Like

Big Chris von K knows what’s up

2 Likes

slightly related to this thread:

Was wondering just now, for a moment, how this game must look w/ VR-goggles…

if someone didn’t see that yet…
was wondering how they will deal with the numerous big names that have left the sport recently/last year, which has left Nascar itself scratching its head, but from the looks of it, chase elliot it is they’re banking on.

and dare i say so - dirt racing looks interesting

Forza Horizon4 demo out since yesterday, though didn’t have a chance to even take a glimpse yet… but at least the download finished.

What do i expect? idk, i loved going berserk in italy and kicking vespas arouns town, i loved drifting around the Surfers Paradise Zen-Drift-Roundabout, sth that got picked up by other people online, and i try to approach this as neutral as i can, before expectations go up through the roof… i just hope it doesn’t turn out to be a sole super-mega-hyper-car wankfest - what it basically is, i know!

hey look Harry drove the best car

1 Like

!!!

Where did all these futurecars suddenly come from?

It looks like a tv scifi prop

1 Like

More cars that look like Blade Runner please

2 Likes

I hope we start retrofitting non-ICE engines into old cars like the Miata from Looper

Jaguar will sell you an electric E-type for like half a million dollars.

LOOK AT THIS THING

3 Likes

with forza horizon 4 on the… horizon

would anyone like to be my xbox friend for this game i play on the pc

tired of decade-old xbox friends popping in who have probably never played a single forza

add me at landroverattack

please

I have not picked up NH3 yet despite really liking NH2 mostly due to time being at premium this time of year for me. I’ve heard it is really good, especially the dirt tracks but still has the same issues (In race strategy is almost non-existent for longer Cup races as cars don’t evolve on runs and tyre wear is a bit too gracious to the player).

As for the sport, well last year’s champions Furniture Row Racing are shutting down and drivers champion Martin Truex Jr. is likely heading to Joe Gibbs Racing because their sponsor decided to leave the sport (And they couldn’t find another willing sponsor) while CEO Brian France got arrested for a DUI on Watkins Glen weekend then told the officers “I know President Trump” as they booked him. Supposedly the France family is looking to replace him by the end of the season. So even finding the next big thing like Chase Elliott (Who finally won a race even though Hendrick Motorsports isn’t having a great time of it) or having some weekends where the racing product has been spectacularly good isn’t exactly saving the sport.

Interested to see how the Charlotte Roval plays out next week. It’s a contrived way to get a road course in the playoffs but the track layout looks interesting enough. And since it’s a cut off race for the next round, I’d expect it to be absolutely mad.

1 Like

eh, that sounds like NASCAR is in much more dire straights than I imagined.

Considering that the WEC has been losing their way for the last few years, and DTM is basically insignificant atm, that leaves the IMSA sportscar championship, blancpain sprint/enduro and SuperGT as the series i’m watching that still thrive, instead of being on a downward path.
undecided about indycar, since the empty Grandstands they tried to keep out of shots during broadcasts were still a bit disconcerting.

Reminder to myself to find video of the unlockable races in new Forza where they call out Outrun, Smuggler’s Run and Project Gotham Racing by name.

Also that you can unlock Game over YEAAAAH as a quick chat message and the Windows XP shutdown jingle as a car horn

4 Likes

I don’t understand how nascar ever appealed to anyone. The cars are ugly, the race is a loop… what’s to like?

1 Like

Do any of y’all have wheels/pedals/shifters and impressions to share? There’s a bundle of the Logitech G29/920 with a three-pedal plate and separate shifter for $250 right now, but it’s the kind of thing I can only really buy once.

I play PCars in VR and the free* Forza 6 for sim and Forza Horizon and Burnout for arcade stuff.