Fading Brakelight Obscurity II - Championship Edition (Part 1)

errm… what are we looking at here?

A soon to open go-kart track in Canada.

1 Like

… well, that is a badass track layout then!

OHHHhhhhhhh shit road trip.

I went to one of those 50 mph go kart tracks once and you can never go back to regular go karts after that

After visiting once, I spent say $100 on Groupons to K2 Speed years ago and then never redeemed. They say the purchase price never expires even if the coupon value does, but I have never followed up. It was deffo fun that once though. My older brother got the fastest lap and I am still salty.

One of my dumb dreams is to sell my motorcycle to fund a track kart and use it on the roads around my parents’ place out in the country, though I’m pretty sure this is how you get splatted by an F-250.

2 Likes

The new Humble Bundle is a bunch of CodeMasters racing games

F1 '11-'16
GRID 2
DiRT Rally
and a coupon for 40% off DiRT 4 which is lame

my sister got me GT Sport for christmas

stand by for me figuring out how to play the game as little as possible and take the maximum amount of pictures

that tokyo track looks lush

2 Likes

shit, if i had only waited one more day to reply to this

2 Likes

6 Likes

not even making this up, i failed the first the first test in GT sport driving school

the one where you are supposed to drive in a straight line.

i have attempted it multiple times.

i can not beat it within the clear time.

i think it’s time to either throw myself or this game in the garbage, because what the fuck

3 Likes

There should be coloured markers on either side of the course that give you a hint as to where you need to start braking, and as you go through the longer distance straight line missions, you’ll need to start using them earlier and earlier

no, i mean i have to cross the line in 13 seconds or less

i can’t get under 13 seconds.

after some cursory reserach it seems that the game is very picky about how it registers R2 button input, and when i was using my ds4 on my pc last week with unreal engine i noticed that the controller software showed me that even when fully pressed i wasn’t getting full output

update: i just noticed the HUD has a pressure display for the pedal and it’s only going about halfway up

update: i switched to acceleration/braking using the face buttons and i passed it easily

do i have to buy a new controller now, UGH

as an aside, the bronze clear music is my new jam

2 Likes

prepare to never forget the sound of hitting orange cones again. and having the coffee break music stuck in your mind, forever

2 Likes

oh shit, it was in GT4 and i just forgot

surprisingly(?), there still are paintjobs for JDM cars in the Forza Motorsport7 and Horizon3 games, i’d have expected the painters have moved on, but as it turns out, no!
Thankfully, I can now/still race around Australia in embarrasingly anime versions of Toyota, Lexus or Honda models.

1 Like

I’m not really surprised because the paints and stickers have been importable since FM5. Any work done since 2013 has carried to every Forza on the Xbone and they have managed to increase the layers each game since so the painters are pretty content to hang around. It’s one of the nice things Turn 10 kept in. There’s some ridiculously ornate versions of Goodsmile’s new wraps since the 2016 Merc AM3 was put in FM7 as well so the painters are doing some crazy new work.

I think one of my favourites I’ve seen is the Dale Jr 2017 Axalta paint. Absurd amounts of detail in this one even down to the contingency sponsors and Pole Award.

1 Like

I’m pretty partial to Josh Wise’s 2014 look at talladega