Fading Brakelight Obscurity II - Championship Edition (Part 1)

[quote=“SUPERSONNICK, post:362, topic:113, full:true”]
otoh, quite a lot of those screenshots are debugging material to maybe help those guys at SMS to fix the FFB issue that befalls a number of FH cars, on COTA at least.[/quote]

Correction:
Audi R8 LMS GT3 is also affected.

Still, never had as much fun filing a bug report as I did today:

this game looks so good - ahem, as you can’t see, the FFB goes a bit crazy when it shouldn’t, as the tiny, yellow-colored plot in the lower left corner indicates.

had a few ideas what might have caused this, ticked off most of my list as “nope, wrong you fool”, and filed a bug report in the SMS forums. Still wondering why nobody else had the idea to post a screenshot showing what’s going on, because if you know the game, you can see that something’s wrong here …

anyway, COTA in this game just looks so good, and is also fun to drive on.

Big.

4 Likes

tried playing the gt sport beta demo and it’s beautiful and the cars are fun to drive but it is having some ridiculous network issues which is really really embarrassing for polyphony imo since this whole game is supposed to be based around online play? like, i kept randomly getting disconnected, both times i tried to enter an online league race or whatever i did qualifying laps until the matching time came and then it said “network error” and kicked me out which sucked because those races only run every hour or so? then finally i had a “cannot connect to network” error and it would not let me select anything besides the "reconnect’ option, i couldn’t do any of the singleplayer stuff so i was just like damn fuck this

alright I’ve managed to play online a bunch and it’s really fun and I’m actually really into it – my biggest issue is the fact that you get penalized for other people slamming into you. I qualified in 2/24 place in a race, and at the first turn the 3rd and 4th place people slammed into me and I got a 10 second penalty. I passed the 1st place guy and was way ahead of the field for the entire race, but I was never able to get the penalty down by much so I passed the finish line 1st but it knocked me down to 3rd (by a margin of a second) because of the time penalty. and that was extremely frustrating…I worked really hard to improve on that track and kick ass during the race and I lost because somebody else fucked up and I got penalized for it. idk. just rly bummed out.

anyway I love this game

This is the coolest thing I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes

What about this badboy?

For the 1989 Tokyo Motor Show, Mazda presented the AZ-550 concept so named as the kei rules permitted a maximum engine size of 550cc. There were three versions of the AZ-550 on display; the Type-A, Type-B, and Type-C. The Type-A featured pop-up headlights and gullwing doors, Type-B was a more conventional small sports car, and Type-C was styled like a miniature Group-C endurance racer featuring Mazda’s blue and white livery.

4 Likes

:heart_eyes:

It looks like a toy car designed by a child who loves the F40 and 787b exactly the same amount.

1 Like

I love real-life Choro-Q.

1 Like

and in a (not so) surprising turn of events, japanese guys get crazy and racey with 'em Kei cars:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/10/14/6h-fuji-k4-gp-gallery.html

1 Like

Absolutely the most dope. This is the actual only series we need a lavish full computer recreation of.

4 Likes
1 Like

so cute

Do not forget in these increasingly dark times that life is still at least pretty solid for the rich and that has to count for something.

4 Likes

any of y’all playing gran turismo sport? I’ve been playing on roommate’s ps4 and when the servers aren’t down I’m having so much fun trying to get good qualifying times for the daily races and winning races here and there

tbh i have my racing fix catered to by Forza Motorsport 7, Horizon3 and Project Cars2, so I will not dip my toes into GTSports anytime soon, nope.

But i like looking at pictures of it, e. g. the mx-5 in front of Golden Gate Bridge!

oh hey I didn’t know this thread existed

I’ve been playing it daily, and while mechanically it’s pretty sound like GT games tend to be, I’ve always been more of a Simulation Mode kind of guy so I can’t help but be a bit disappointed.

I’m struggling to understand what the point of car ownership in this game is supposed to be. Every race I’ve played in Sport Mode has allowed me to choose from ~30 cars in the class the race is targeting, or in the manufacturer cup’s case, signing a contract with a manufacturer simply makes them loan you two cars you can use in the event. For a game that is ostensibly about buying and collecting cars, having those cars only be of any use in all but the main mode of the game is kind of a slap in the face.

Also why on Earth are the daily races called daily races when a) they repeat every hour and b) they rotate every Tuesday and not every day?

i read the op and didn’t realize how old it was until it was too late.

not sure if it was covered yet but gt64 is a semi-sequel to an equally weird (and japan-only) snes game called gt racing.

1 Like

Consider it being a vintage car reply and it’s fine.
didn’t knew this series was a thing, that’s exactly what this topic is here for, to come across these car games, as huge or obscure they may be!

feeling kind of weird with gran turismo sport, i 100%d the campaign with a gold medal on everything so i’ve just been doing sport mode now – i feel like i’m in a weird skill area that not many other people are in? i’ve taken first place in 16 out of the 33 races i’ve been in which is pretty phenomenal, and i’m pretty much always top 3 unless i get pit maneuvered or something. but i can’t get closer than like a second and a half to two seconds away from times that would put me in the top 10 leaderboards. idk i just feel like, above par compared to almost all of the people i’m racing against, but a world behind the people who are Actually Good

2 Likes

that happened to me with titanfall 2

it eventually turned out the matchmaking was insulating me against the real pros