Fading Brakelight Obscurity II - Championship Edition (Part 1)

Oh yeah the plot of the game is that you are a dude in a coma who can somehow either ghost jump into other people, or you are hallucinating the entire thing. And for the most part, the game just plays this off like it is nothing at all. It’s great.

and, supposedly, some staff helped out with Watchdogs2 driving physics.

Also it had awesome side missions where you could reenact some classic carmovie scenes.

And the soundtrack was great, too.
actually, listening in on conversations you (literally) jumped into, that also rocked.

Mazda is going to start offering factory-supported NA Miata/Roadster restoration services in Japan, starting next year; along with re-issuing original parts like the OEM black-spoke Nardi wheel + thread-on shift knob and the original spec tires. Ooh la la.

Also, here are some sweet vidz of this dude’s custom-built 2JZ-powered 2000GT repros.

3 Likes

Has team-based internet play, and group voice-chat with dedicated controls on the steering wheel.

1 Like

Watching Victors videos is kinda sad with Toyota as apparently they are taking the opposite route to Mazda. Turn 10 announced there will be no Production Toyota models, only officially modified models (Like the Artic Hilux) and race models. Lots of games are affected. Project CARS 2 and GT Sport will only have the GT-86 (GTS has a LeMans proto and two concept cars. No other models), NFS Payback the devs said they had the Supra and AE-86 in but now they are only certain of the GT-86. For some reason, Toyota is pulling the licensing to their production cars and specifically the classic models. I’ve read hear-say from other forums that it was down to Toyota wanting to push their newer models and the aftermarket is mostly 3rd party on old Toyota cars, so they weren’t seeing a sales benefit so they only want the race models in and want to use newer race models to sell the road cars (Unless it’s already a desireable sporty model like the 86). It’s backfired that people are in uproar about it because the AE-86 and Supra are some of the most popular models and Forza losing them in particular is really confusing because Microsoft are the main sponsor of TRD’s works Yaris WRC team.

I suppose we also find the back end of the “power” games have in selling cars. It makes the older models more desirable and when the new models aren’t making money because people want the old ones. But then looking at the new Supra, are we really shocked? Toyota’s bad decisions probably aren’t limited to this videogame keruffle.

yeah, this decision from toyota does not really make much sense, does it. I cannot see why banning the AE86 & supra from appearing anywhere will make video game players go “hell yeah, gonna buy that Yaris when I’m older!” … especially since they kinda got it when they put the Lexus LFA in many games, to finally register as a blip on the radar of joe average gamer?

I mean, let’s be honest, how many forza players even knew there was an Altezza/IS 300 w/ a straight-6 engine (let alone what a straight-6 is), and what a 2JZ-GE or 2JZ-GTE stands for?
Why piss off that audience in a move that sounds … idk, like, kinda … fvck you?
I thought we had the Porsche-EA-deal “we have no idea what we are doing”-deals behind us, but it seems like no, not quite, d’uh.

Alas, in a totally not related turn of events, let’s just forget about that and embrace the bright future, right! Speaking of successful race models, so the TS 050, how did that fare at Le Mans this year …
so we’re going to get another TS 040 only? That … how did that fare at Le Mans again? … Well, but then there’s the TS 030 … I mean, the TS 020, that was a nice thing, yes, and how did that …

so we’re going to get the JGTC Supra (d’oh, that’s a Supra) … well, but at least they do have the Lexus LC in SuperGT, so we can look forward to getting that, at least. Maybe. Kind of?

n.b.

so why did they give this 86 such a weird paintjob again …

Did you know that Pininfarina designed and built 7 Ferrari 456 wagons for the prince of Brunei? And that he only ended up paying for 6 of them? Or that the 456 was the last Ferrari with pop up head lights, and so in standard 2+2 coupe trim also prob the last car built with both pop-up headlights and a gated manual shifter?

3 Likes

It’s a drag I know
There’s only one place to go
Baby that’s where I come from
I’m Comin’ Home

1 Like

drool

3 Likes

OK, if we take all our pocketmoney, maybe we can GET this thing and race it!

So, I can chip in… 1$… 2$… :confounded:

1 Like

so, Project Cars 2 is up next month, and I try very hard not to look at anything, but I couldn’t help myself and saw some 20 seconds of a GC-trailer, and about 40 seconds of a M6 GT3 (god, help me) on Nür, in snow, and grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr why do i have to wait another month

also I started wondering whether I should finally dip my toes into VR territory, since PC2 will support VR - on the PC, at least.

I’ve only played a little of Pcars in VR but the effect is very convincing. The drop in Laguna Seca, for example, gives me a sinking feeling in my stomach.

I got some yellow Koni shocks in the mail today and I can’t wait to put them on. I’m looking up potential touges on Google Maps in anticipation of the weekend.

2 Likes

F1 2017 is out this week and I’m not sure to pick it up or not. On one side, classic cars are always good and they did another big overhaul on career mode so it acts like a Car-PG with skill trees for the cars which allows you to put in parts (That also have a success/fail rate for the true McLaren Honda experience) and proper engine/gearbox management. On the other hand, DIRT 4 had a shockingly awful PC version riddled with Microstutter issues with the new EGO engine upgrade that still hasn’t been fixed and I think the sales were low enough on PC that Codies abandoned it at this point (And DIRT 4 was a game that ran on both consoles at a solid 60fps with dynamic resolution that never went below 900p on base consoles). I wanna take a Renault to proper glory but Codies are not making it easy.

After this week. NASCAR Heat 2, PCARS 2, Forza 7, GT Sport in two months. What a time to be a racing fan.

I’m at the shop. They have a Miata yearbook and it is just a treat.

… that cover is borderline tho.

@Robutt, I agree. We’re getting a slew of high quality titles where even two of them would have been good news a few years ago.
It almost feels comparable to racing series that have their ebb&flow/up&downs over the years, you have to celebrate the occasion, since you just cannot expect/hope for any more to come the next two years or so.

So hype for Toyota TS020 GTOne in PC2, I cannot tell you ~~~

@Victor if you ever get out to Austin, I recommend Lime Creek Rd.

Holy moly are new shocks nice. The broken-ness really creeps up on you until you have no idea how bad they got.

I will defo save that to my game file.

I know we’ve driven out down 2222, but I don’t think we ever got that far. We always end up taking my wife’s car, so the dorifto spirit can only burn so strong. I think last time we were in the area we drove up past the dog park on Red Bud Isle, iirc, nice elevation changes for a cruise; and a couple times back we drove out to Hamilton Pool. Anything feels special in comparison to inner-city Houston where there is nothing within an hour and a half.

I spent the last couple weeks aquiring, assembling, installing, disassembling and re-installing, a new suspension setup to replace the terrible-riding but in-tact 93LE/R-package stuff that was in the car. Bilstein HDs with Speedthane bumps/bushings, spring isolators, torrington bearings, Ground Control adjustable sleeves, 440/300lb springs…rides pretty much just as bad as before on the bad city pavement stuff it was/is most upset by. Probably wouldn’t do it again, and just keep saving up for a set of Xidas.

http://www.intoourworld.com/photographer-shoots-formula-1-with-104-year-old-camera-and-heres-the-results/

2 Likes

I’ve been playing F1 2017. I know very little about F1 racing but this game just feels real nice and smooth. I find myself playing it late into the night and thinking about it all the time.

1 Like