Fading Brakelight Obscurity II - Championship Edition (Part 1)

New top of the line Thrustmaster for GT Sport. Eight Hundy Schmackos. Say it has some kind of HD rumble or something going on in the wheel rim itself, but it’s not like it’s direct drive or anything.

GT Sport has PSVR support but it is apparently only on a subset of less graphically intense courses, and racing is limited to a single AI opponent.

Good to hear.

1 Like

DEEPEST LORE

1 Like
1 Like

didn’t know that this was a special car, so i was surprised to see people get so hyped about it.
but then I am from this place, so …

I did not know about Outrun pro strats.

6 Likes

This guy gets it.

4 Likes

I feel like my relationship with cars is becoming difficult because of the looming environmental apocalypse and crumbling American infrastructure.

1 Like

OTOH, Mad Max? Weld some spikes to your car once the government fails.

I feel you re: roads, though, I want more sidewall and every non-truck is 50-45 or less.

https://vid.me/hRKK

Daytona 3 officially released and out in the wild. Confirmed locations:

• Scandia Fun Center, Rohnert Park, CA
  • FunSpot, New Hampshire
  • Monte Carlo, Southend-On-Sea, UK
  • Bournemouth Pier, UK
  • Pleasureland Amusements, Whitby, UK
  • Castles and Coasters, Phoenix, AZ
4 Likes

I don’t want to own a car, much less an internal combustion one

Video game cars though, gimme a million

3 Likes

fuuuuuck

I’d schlep down to ground kontrol for this

finally have them all! yay! genki racing project games might not play the best, but they have so much heart

6 Likes

god those are good covers

The real Daytona Motor Speedway is getting cabs soon (They might be there this weekend for the Coke Zero 400) and their social media guy explained on reddit when it was announced, it was really hard to sit on cause there’s a lot of fans of the game working at the track now.

Also, this is cute

1 Like

late but nevertheless: congratulations from my side, good collection you have there!

That Genki Racing Battle C1 Grand Prix game is somewhat of an elusive blip on my racing games’ radar, namely because it shares (or seems to share?) one of the visual effects that appears in ENTHUSIA PROFESSIONAL RACING, and I think i do not need to explicitly spell out that this means it is not just a blip on the radar, but rather a townsfolk of blips on a field day.

Anyway, that effect: iirc, it is the speed-effect and/or the grey/black inertia frame that indicates G-force(s). I got my hands on a (quite literal) copy of this game for a few days back when I was in the ENTHUSIA-craze, so forgive me if I cannot remember that well, it has been a decade ago…
Since this game indulges in moonspeak, i barely managed to scrape by for a few laps around tsukuba and a few hops around the Wangan-stretch that is in the game, and as it was happening too often back then, I left this game craving for an english (hell, even an engrish version would’ve been fine!) release that unfortunately never materialized.

Ah well … maybe I should go ask whether that copy still is around/if I can get my hands on it.

oh, and in more recent (games) related news, I should note that I’ve finally gotten around to plunk down the cash for Assetto Corsa. Currently on summer sale in steam, I got this and some of the packs that have to along with it.

Why?
Well, friend of mine has been over during this year’s 24h of Le Mans, and I turned quite a few laps with the LMP-HY Porsche 919. Interestingly, you can fiddle around with the energy recovery settings in this game, sth that Project Cars e.g. does not offer.
So at first, I turned off energy release to learn the traits of the car while going (unfortunately, Spa is best approximation of LM, since … LM is not in the game -.- ) faster each lap. After 10ish laps, I added moderate energy deployment to the mix, and then upped it to aggressive/hotlap settings.

I was a bit surprised to find that the latter settings did not do as well as I’d hoped, so I tried to combine both the moderate and aggressive deployment settings in a lap.
Since the configuration of the button layout meant that I can only toggle forwards through a list of the energy settings ( off > sth > moderate > sth else > agressive > sth entirely else > [repeat] ), I had to basically learn and apply

that toggling several times a lap, to find the best setting/energy deployment strategy (or: do a bit more coasting …)

well, challenge accepted!
Stringing together a rather good lap and faultless execution of that toggling, I managed to blow the former fastest lap out of the water, but by god, that was almost feeling like work.
Needless to say, I still enjoyed every second of it. Said friend then did just adapt my strategy, even though I urged him to test and see whether he can come up with a better one, since why would I inadvertently figure out the best solution after 20 something laps, but unfortunately he stuck to mine and called it perfect, sth. I just cannot belive.
So, time to find out after I get AC installed.

and on an entirely unrelated note, the 2016 GT3 Audi R8 in this game is a monster, but I somehow managed to get a pretty good lap out of it after grabbing it a the neck and wrestling it around Spa, after a comparison shootout between the new Le Mans '17 mid-engined 911 GT-Pro version, GT3 AMG GT, GT3 McLaren 650sth and the Audi R8 2016. Seems i fell in love w/ it … let’s see whether that was just a hot affair or tru luv™.

more to come when it happens. And also screencaps, if the game allows that!

4 Likes

Happy belated birthday, America.

6 Likes

just posting itt to say holy crap this is literally only the second time I’ve ever been witness to castles and coasters in phoenix, arizona being mentioned

the first time in my life was when I went there because I lived in arizona as a child

Late. But to unlock the 131 to buy in DIRT 4. You need to do the following steps

1. Play through enough Modern Rally, Land Rush and Rally Cross to Open the Historic Rally category
  2. Unlock the “Private Collector Perk”
  3. Hope the RNG will spawn a good 131 in the garage

DIRT 4 is an interesting but flawed game. Though I really find the RNG really interesting. I had a Seat Ibiza lock gears to 5th during a stage after I installed a new clutch which was hairy and you can even get events the game doesn’t tell you till the very last moment like other cars breaking down. It’s rather neat. Though avoid the PC version for the moment. It’s really bad and buggy. PS4 Pro version is the best one and it’s getting XB1X support in November.

1 Like