Fading Brakelight Obscurity II - Championship Edition (Part 1)

Just look at this thing:

5 Likes

These things are super cute but thirty five hundred smackers and may not even work? Crazy.

3 Likes

so i was wondering why gran turismo had a 911 in one of the vids that ytube wants me to watch (obviously, i didn’t watch it, because: ytube wants me to).

https://www.motor1.com/news/146130/forza-6-marathon-le-mans/

did it?

…… finally?

I don’t like authentic racing sims at all really but I’m coming to appreciate forza as just this huge expensive corporate production that ticks all of the boxes it should. it’s like the new equivalent of microsoft flight simulator.

1 Like

managed to get godchild on board to drop by during Nürburgring 24h race weekend, that we’ll celebrating w/ family bbq, with Forza Horizon 3 + hotwheels expansion, oh hell yes.

btw why should you watch the nürburgring 24h race you didn’t ask?
well, every 10 years or so sth like this happens:

(skip to min 3’40 if you just cannot wait to see what’s happening …)

1 Like

hey, is the Hot Wheels expansion standalone? Sure seems that with ‘standalone purchase’ they’re trying to communicate that you need the base game but can purchase it out of the season pass, but that’s some ambiguous language.

It requires the base game. It’s a shame because I think the Fast & Furious expansion was a nice portion of FH2.

In honor of the late Roger Moore

3 Likes

I salute the man who even looked cool in a 2CV

when having a tete-à-tete car-chase in france, tres-bien ~~~

I’ve never seen this picture before. Incredible. The JPN-helmed MR design basically an MR2-alike and the US-led FR design that is eventually selected is even more of an Elan than the production car.

Also check the sweet Alfa-ish phone dials on this pre-release baby.

I’ve been daydreaming about the '93 Boxster concept car, often, recently. Particularly it’s amazing interior.

I like the look of a stock first gen Boxster more and more as time goes on. If only all the other amazing 90s chassis designs had also magically been popularly derided as Girl Cars and depreciated accordingly.

1 Like

“Girl cars” are the only cars I like. :pray:

The FF design looks just like the MX-6.

thank god the FR design won out of all the ones pictured here.
by far the most elegant 30ish years later. The Mustang-esque (top-left) would have looked outdated in the early 2000s already, I guess.

Also cool to see that left rear view mirror construction that has been sticking around for centuries by now as well (see e.g. the citroen C4, C5, C3, Peugeot RCZ et al for contemporary interpretations of the same thing)

Still, kinda cool to see what could have been, that feels a bit like the SONY logo competition in the 80ies. https://www.theverge.com/2014/11/22/7267379/sony-asked-the-public-to-redesign-its-logo-in-1981-and-it-didnt-work-out Looking at them, you start to realize that it has been a good idea to stick with the original font-art/logo, and I feel the same about the modest approach to its roadster that single-handedly revived a genre that has been dormant/dead for centuries.

Kinda cool, the longer you think about it!

3 Likes

Been itching to play a good racer so I bought R4 for a couple bucks. It’s changing my life.

3 Likes

It’s incredible how well it’s aged.

Oh me oh my

5 Likes

any not-rally car in a rally setup makes my heart pound

1 Like
3 Likes

DIRT 4 happened. It’s a good game. PC version has some wobbly optimization issues at the minute though.

Pikes Peak featured again?

Negative. No set locations outside of the stages in career mode and those are made using their RNG algorhythm. Everyone plays the same stages in career but the Dirt Daily/Weekly/Monthly are all randomly generated every time. Mark down the first “Roadlike” (Robutt Edit: I believe that once you pass a certain point in career mode, every stage is RNG as well but you can save stages you liked and the top rated stages start appearing in other peoples games)

Only real locations are the licensed Rally Cross tracks, unfortunately. There’s a few fictional “Landrush” tracks as well. It’s a good game, but it’s clearly differentiating itself from Dirt Rally.