Fading Brakelight Obscurity II - Championship Edition (Part 1)

1 Like

It’s 2016 and there’s a new Daytona USA.

There is light in the darkness.

Edit: Ohmygod its really Daytona 3 and Takenobu Mitsuyoshi is doing the sound and it’s going to finally have the real Daytona in it yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss

2 Likes

these days, i wonder if I died somewhere and just didn’t notice it:

• Sonic Movie produced by some Fast&Furious staff-guy and Deadpool director.
  • Daytona3 + Takenobu Mitsuyoshi.
  • FFXV Bro(ad)movie Coop-multiplayer.
  • so, what next?

a SEGA-published motorsport manager, that’s what.

seems to fall a bit short though, but still, for a 1st shot, that’s quite a good feat. iirc there was a grand prix manager(?) game around at the beginning of the 1990ies, but back then i was too eager to go racing, not spending time over the pitwall. 20+ years later, and I slowly start to see the appeal of the other side™ …

(probably because of my driving coach duties that I’ve taken up again~~~
did some training w/ a colleague from work that tried playing Microprose F1GP back then with the (maybe official™, he wasn’t too sure about that tho) wheel that somehow did not feature pedals - so there was a score to settle. Benz SLS GT3, Bathurst, 10 laps - good start, even if dead last!)

https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=43705.0

3 Likes

Nice to see an attempt at depicting the “weight” of driving a car. Y’know, beyond a little G-force gauge somewhere on the screen.

2016 IS NEARLY OVER AND BLUE BLUE SKIES ARE HERE AGAIN

2 Likes

Looks okay. None of these people can figure out how to make the turns.

1 Like

;____;

2 Likes

I had a dream I was playing Forza Horizon 3 and it ruled. That is all

1 Like
5 Likes

So that new Microsoft initiative dictates this is on computer

I managed to get in a few games on 5 a few months back. At this point the game isn’t really changing much, they’re just adding a bunch of cool stuff. Probably the best arcade racer of today, tbh.

1 Like

so some of you might have seen that I’m currently h4kking da world in Watch_dogz2®, and one thing that - thankfully - is awesome again are the rides presented in this game.

It has a few new additions, e.g. a lowrider that has three settings: front raised, front&back raised, front&back lowered.

Obviously, I instantly had to take for a spin (cue KAVINSKY - Nightcrawler bgm):

=> still think that this game’s just great for allowing me to do such things.

4 Likes

Sheesh, that was actually promising for a few seconds before the hideous animation on faux-Reiko sent me plunging into the valley.

2 Likes

so that’s what reiko looks like as a bratz doll

let’s cleanse the thread with some nice hd r4 course flyovers

the R4 course scenery remain some of my favorite in games because of how well they nail color and lighting. everything is so consistent. it has no business looking this good on hardware like this.

6 Likes

This is an amateur fan cration or something, yes?
Otherwise, how can this look so much worse than the original from 18 years ago?

Nevar forget

wasn’t there some lore that Reiko was modeled after the face of a guy? I think someone brought this up in the old fadin’ brakelights SB1.0 version.

btw: driving in Watchdogz2 feels more and more natural, drifted a Mazda RX-7 ROTOR yesterday for a few minutes around the blocks on Treasure Island and it felt _so good_. Really have to check sometime how the driving in Driver:SF holds up and if some similarities can be spotted.

I recall this as well. Might have been Kei Yoshimizu, her original designer, but I can’t find anything to back it up.

Only befitting for the troubled past that Reiko Nagase apparently has!

(j/k, her Ace Combat cameo was at least partially cool)