Fading Brakelight Obscurity II - Championship Edition (Part 1)

If that does come up for free we should definitely organize a group to do the co-op missions

will late 80s japan be remembered as the peak of human civilization? the finely meshed wheels of Nissan’s 1989 Neo-X concept sedan are making a v.stronk case

are the countless pedestrian and passenger deaths prevented by ever increasing crumple zones + lifted frontal impact zones truly justified? Nissan’s 1993 AP-X liftback runabout concept invites you to embrace the inherent fragility of all things including human biology.

8 Likes

Just seeing the first picture, I went ‘ah, the future of the past’, and spot-on it was.

I can see a bit 200x Maserati Quattroporte in that front shot of the NED-X concept, which is a bit… uncanny, to say the least.

And the AP-X is clearly aiming at US-market, jeeez, you cannot tell what cars inspired them here, huh…

All it takes is some really smooth clean lines to make almost any car beautful. So why do concepts embrace that and production vehicles end up with fake portholes and fake vents and whatnot?

People that actually buy cars/can afford to buy a car… Like vents and creases a lot?

1 Like

I, too, would like to live in Blade Runner

2 Likes

Did you know that Toyota’s first car, the Sports 800, introduced to compete with Honda’s s500, basically is just a tiny 2000gt? I didn’t. There’s prob only a couple hundred of these left I bet they prob cost a lot of schmackos.

2 Likes

This was basically the answer to the S500/600 from Honda, and iirc, it was released in japan before Honda brought its S800 on the market?

I personally like the S600 better in terms of the proportions, even though it’d look like a clown shoe gone wrong, if i ever tried to sit in one.

But if we’re talking about 2000GT territory, there’s nothing that beats the

Mazda 110 S Cosmo, championing the 2-Rotor Wankel engine shortly before the germans themself shoved the NSU Ro 80 onto markets, the latter too early, because the 110 beat them to the market.
NSU went bust, was integrated into Audi and only for the A1 etron concept they re-used the wankel engine as a REX again, the end.

Such beautiful cars…

1 Like

As the fellow fading lighters itt obviously immediately noticed, that model has a quite differently shaped front inlet compared to the version you can race in GT4, feel free to search the interwebs why!

comments section in here has some shit I would love to own, especially the vans!

My kingdom for a truly useful van

1 Like

One of my old coworkers had a contemporary Toyota van and that thing had recliner leg rests on the 2nd row seats.

The Delica is the best van and sadly I think they will never be cheap here.

2 Likes

Hey also the best weird Honda is

although it was indeed sold here in the usa in at least 2004-05.

~7hp, ~170lbs, 50cc.

Interestingly: the Honda cost like 9 grand new and was limited production, but today you can get yourself a Chinese clone of this Japanese retro racing reproduction marketed as the Skyteam Ace for cheap.

2 Likes

Just Paul Newman with a Nissan Skyline

6 Likes

Guy knew how to gotta go fast~~~

1 Like
2 Likes

Looks like its going to be another goodyear

1 Like

I’m still excited for onrush too but we really haven’t seen enough of it…

i sold my motorcycle and now my main hobby is looking at pictures of metal scooters

there is a local guy with a nice '73 Rally 200 and he only wants all of the money for it

what even is this thing

look they’re having a sale in Austin I think I could probably rig up some kind of strap system that would keep the dogs from jumping to certain death

in the early-mid 2000s I had a Chinese clone of a Yamaha Majesty maxi scooter that I drove to my anime job and my true dream was to own this concept
https://empirewallpapers.net/distribuce-s4/Yamaha__MAXAM_3000_2005_03_1920x1200.jpg

4 Likes

I have such a soft spot for that yellow vespa in the middle of pic 1, and if it was the a-little-bit-more-orange version right next to it, would request putting a pillows-sticker on the orange one for best combo ever.

Seems like you need a suzuki burgman and some time to go bosozoku/shakotan with it, hm?

One of my goals is to find a vespa that can haul me around and be able to afford it.