Fading Brakelight Obscurity II - Championship Edition (Part 1)

where art thou, ridge racer?

1 Like

I dunno man, beats me, I just had a sneaking suspicion and typed “assetto corsa touge” into the Youtube box and was rewarded with videoclips of pure magic.

1 Like

Last I heard the team had been reassigned to Wii resort mini-game compilations while Bugbear gave us twaddle like Unbounded.

1 Like

here i wanted to go on another long-tl;dr-post how the tide seems to have turned after it looked like great games "were supposed to be out soon(ish) etc.etc., but:

[quote]rFactor 2 also includes a new constraint system that allows for
advanced physics simulation such as chassis flex, which removes the
typical infinite rigidity of a virtual vehicle and incorporates unique
chassis characteristics into the handling and performance of the car,[21] as well as highly accurate suspension geometry and wheel rates.[/quote]
what. what?

and it's available on steam, since last month? http://www.planetmarrs.net/rfactor-2-on-steam/
1 Like

I’ve been playing 7 and it’s not too bad!

1 Like

iRacing models chassis flex, too, I think. rFactor2’s got the most advance tire/contact modeling, as well, I believe. Engines are only as good as the content pumped into them, dunno what it’s content/mod library is like these days, haven’t played the game at all since like pre-alpha years ago.

1 Like

best buddy i did all of my co-op’ing in GTR2 with is probably moving in with girlfriend soon-ish, so we won’t be doing any wheel-sharing anymore anyway, so I’ve been pondering whether I should plunge a last time™ and get a setup for racing online and find some peers that share the same obsession mindset or just stick to Project Cars.

the latter one is pretty cool atm since I try to get a clean lap around Bathurst with the Toyota TS040 (Le Mans 2014 HY Prototype) and will try to beat that with the Audi R18 HY (2014, too) then. This is, at the moment, the best way to unwind after a long day at work.

1 Like

They even have the save keys for BG4 ;~;

1 Like

have i mentioned at one point how beautiful Project Cars is?

... No? ... then I will do so now:

and that’s just the Audi R18.

But my current fav is the Toyota TS040, which is just … w.o.w:

2 Likes

I’ve been enjoying GRID Autosport a good bit lately. Still don’t know why a racing game features unskippable cutscenes/voiceovers as often as Codemasters like to include them, but the game is fast, pretty, and a lot of fun. Being able to rewind a few times per race allows me to actually enjoy the race and not worry too much about driving perfectly and getting stressed out if I make a minor mistake on the last lap.

1 Like

for those who haven’t seen this yet (like me):
20k cars on one track in trackmania, supposedly recorded by 20 drivers, taking ~half a year.

almost mesmerizing to watch, esp. for those who did laptime analysis driving against ghost(s).

6 Likes

a ocean of speed

1 Like

Kosuke Fujishima, Autozam AZ-1, Kei Cars, ATLUS - check^4 and thanks for the heads up.
this really must have been kei-kuruma-otaku heaven 1995…

so, am i having fun with the Sebastian Loeb Rally EVO demo?

obviously: yeah, a lot of fun.

2 Likes

and the game is out - ………… now. I’ll get it tomorrow when I hit the town, but am so looking forward to getting this. #trailerHyper ahead:

so!

this is what i want

… what I actually have (for now) …

… and that’s why there’s a perceived gap between both:

(sorry seb, atm I am not worthy to drive your tiny, puny Citroën Saxo ;__; )

Anyway, if you take a closer look at the first screencap, you’ll see that my rallying dream-team is back, Bertrand Baguette (a.k.a. player1) and co-driver Christian Croissant, obviously french, mon dieu.
p.s.: I absolutely love it, yeah.
First car I wanna get is the Fiat 131, of course. Let’s see how long that’ll take …

DIRT Rally is a game I make sure to at least get in daily. I don’t like the credit grinding, but good lord the game is completely terrifying and exhilarating at the same time.

I’m also admiring Forza 6’s remarkable restraint in the DLC this time around. Really going for all around racing classics and curios (More Alfas, more Alfas, more Alfas yesssssssss) so I dig it. Though they seem to have a theme where one will be a famous car from a film or TV show like the Plymouth Fury, Lykan HyperSport and I shit you not, The Pontiac Aztek (From Breaking Bad). Need to spend more time with it.

I’ve also played The Crew: Wild Run but that’s a whole set of paragraphs I’m not prepared to write, right now.

good news!
after a bit of grinding …

… in amateur-level events, taking one or two detours along the way …

… i finally got the hang of it (somehow) …

… and was able to afford buying the SB-approved Rally Wheels of The Year 20XX: The legendary Fiat Abarth 131 - of course I had to take it for a short drive the moment I got it.

Conclusion:
We’ll be having a lot of fun times, oh yes.

2 Likes

p.s.: reversing lights are working (wow!), but. no. fading. brakelights. :sadness: