Covered in oil

Head dunked in wax

11 Likes

I honestly thought this was a Kingdom of Loathing thing

Speaking of which

4 Likes

It is a kingdom of loathing in its own way

1 Like

What are the status effects in Yakuza LAD again?

Off the top of my head: Bleeding, Caught a Cold (which spreads through your party which is a neat touch), Paralyzed, Stunned, Brainwashed, Charmed, Burned, Poisoned, Enraged, Frightened, Sleep

One of my favorites is “Enervated” from the more recent Persona games (all stats halved, unable to perform follow-ups/combo moves)

2 Likes

wild arms had the “amnesia” status, which meant a character wouldn’t gain experience points for as long as it lasted.

3 Likes

i remember one of the destiny raids having “empowered” and everyone who had it needing to call out

it was

empowering

also very into ff7’s sadness/fury

2 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes

Oh the Pokerus is an interesting one!

Basically a super rare virus that can be spread from 'mon to 'mon in your party, lasts for 4 days, but the effects are permanent. It’s only beneficial though - doubles EVs gained after battles.

Totally cool shit.

9 Likes

my favorite ffxiv status effect is “Misery”, which can be inflicted by goblins telling you to “go bugger yourself” and can only be lifted by another party member using the /comfort emote

10 Likes

don’t forget
cold:
sunstroke:
and as mentioned before, diamondized:

and in the first mother, asthma:

idk if it’s literally called this in game, but final fantasy tactics has an “athiest” status effect that sets your faith to zero:

6 Likes

wow love (note: do not love) when chronic diseases (asthma, diabetes) are status effects.

3 Likes

not status effects, but it reminds me of how all the healing items in the jp version of exile are real life drugs (and the plot also involves time travelling to destroy america and the soviet union?)