we're in a guitar center hanging out now (formerly the electronic music tech appreciation thread)

I think I’m finally getting the workflow down with MIDI clips playing the electribe -> record the output -> warp + arrange all on the push 2! I had a mini-breakthrough last night with a track I was working on so that’s promising

1 Like

Got curious and compared what I reckon is the best Minimoog softsynth around - Synapse’s The Legend - to my Boog

It remains very good softsynth. Honestly the only advantage of the outboard, beyond the physical control surface, is that inevitably the signal is ever so slightly smoother by the time you’ve tracked it into a DAW; the plugin needs a bit of filtering after it to match, and there are any number of desk/tape/unobtanium outboard eq vsts for that so

Steal it immediately

sure I’ll put this here

also what do y’all think about that tr-8s

I went to a dance music festival two weekends ago and spent too much time at the roland booth playing with the boutiques because it was more fun

1 Like

I’m only really interested in a stand-alone drum machine if it sounds absolutely novel I think

I saw a TB-303 on clearance the other day and strongly considered grabbing it.

Haven’t gotten to mess around with the TR-8 yet but it looks like something that Egyptian Lover could take a cool photo with. I am intrigued.

Oh cool! Selectbuttonians and synths.

I had an Electribe 2, I tried to like it for 6 months but it was not for me. I don’t like machines that try to do many things, I like machines that do one thing only and right, so I sold it and bought a Keystep which is wonderful!

Really the Keystep is fantastic, so versatile, I have used it to:

• play my Blofeld live (along a sequence in multi mode!)
  • sequence my Blofeld in sync with a PC or just volcas
  • interface ableton with a CV synth (a friend’s 0-Coast), also syncing things
  • just producing in ableton
  • and more!

My setup goes something like this: https://www.instagram.com/p/BcBO2vbgLFU/

Only thing missing there is a Volca Bass.

1 Like

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

The ultimate GAS.

Apologies if this has been posted before I’m a little too lazy to really scroll through the thread rn

6 Likes

author and punisher rules.

Love that heavy slidey spinner thing. This is ace.

1 Like

as if to declare my journey with hardware over, my electribe 2’s LCD screen has stopped working in the middle of me getting all of the synths sampled off of it

most of my setup was based around that thing so not being able to use it is kind of a bummer but also very liberating

I got interested in hardware stuff mostly because I wanted a better way into work with the electribe 2 and I ended up settling on “just sample the thing and use ableton”

so now I am selling my digitakt! if you are interested I will hook you up with a friend discount

I bought another Behringer D and have a Neutron on order because I cannot be stopped

1 Like

What I actually want though is some more hardcore version of the positional setting in Altiverb 7, given I have no real option to record weird instruments in live spaces atm

1 Like

Ian Shepherd doing cool useful shit again

http://www.loudnesspenalty.com

cool

1 Like

Everyone should have a PSS-480 and this seems like the next best thing.

Man I got one of these, and it was way too quiet compared to the original one. So I said something to Bleep, and they sent me another, and it is also way too quiet. This makes me kinda sad, because it means comparing it to my original one with its steadily decaying sound is much more difficult.

On the plus side, they sound pretty decent when hooked into an amplifier, so I can do that twice now.

aw that sucks - I didn’t realize it was softer

although honestly I bet if you fiddled with it you could probably get it to be louder without much work

I know nothing about doing that though so I won’t do it :open_mouth:

Yeah, I have no idea, but I might try now that I have a backup one.

So the Behringer Neutron is also outrageous value for dough and definitely has A Character

That stated, something about all things synthesizer feels desperately beside the point in 2018

I’ve long joked that music is a finished technology but I’m not sure that’s such a joke any more

1 Like