we're in a guitar center hanging out now (formerly the electronic music tech appreciation thread)

yeah like, I get the appeal but when just the case is $250+ it kind of makes me wonder what the point is

Let’s hope Behringer starts a eurorack module line.

1 Like

It had to happen and it did, I think maybe no one needs to ever build another subtractive keyboard again?

Oh word, it also has a whole digital engine built in? I should probably at least finish watching these vidz…

All they can do is make the same shit but cheaper, which Berhringer is already all over

It’s about compositionally sane interfaces now imo

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

wow what in the fuck I was literally browsing all their products on their site two days ago and I was thinking “it would be really cool if there was a small fm synth besides the volca fm that would work with the digitakt rly well”

this is sick!!!

kneels in front of koi pond

:1st_place_medal:

oh wow, two new pocket operators too ! sampler and voice synthesis

o-oh no

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

oh shit I bought ableton

…and a push 2. fuck

You idiot

i blew it

but i’m also hella excited

Is that yours? How is it?

It’s really fucking good
Honestly seems underpriced for what they pulled off here

1 Like

I think I’m finally getting the hang of this. I’ve found that if I invite over someone talented to jam with, then turn all my stuff way down, it sounds awesome.

I practiced with a band like that for a month and they loved me.

3 Likes

what are the white things?

also what do you think of the PO 24 Office?

I love those things! They’re the U-Creates. It’s a kid’s toy that’s a mix of a multieffects unit and a sampler. The orb-y bits are essentially joysticks that let you open or close the filter or vary the digital delay stutter effect and the like. They’re from the mid 2000s, so they’re starting to pop up at thirft stores a lot. The membrane pad for the drum loops and samples is awful and touchy though. The couple times I’ve performed with them in public I’m in constant dread of my pinky slipping and accidentally triggering a cheesy dance beat.

2 Likes

Oh and I love the Office. I have a couple POs thanks to Guitar Center marking them down to $20 briefly last year. I think this one is my favorite though. I’m doing really stupid stuff though, so weird clicks and printer noises are perfect. I like their sub and robot a lot too. The sub’s extra drum machine feature makes it a really handy all in one kind of thing, where as the robot is cool for playing simple melodies live.

2 Likes