we're in a guitar center hanging out now (formerly the electronic music tech appreciation thread)

Since the daddening I think

His kid uses renoise \m/ apparently a bunch of those user##### tracks were his children

1 Like

never seen microtuning talked about this much

that’s a dope article

I didn’t know about this either. How old are they?

just pulled the trigger on a digitakt because I shopped at a guitar center in san diego one time and they’ve been sending me coupons for like 5 years and there was one for 20% off and like, fuck me that’s a good coupon

i am so excited

1 Like

I got my digitakt! I have set up a template for me to control my electribe 2 entirely with MIDI from the digitakt!

it is wonderful

1 Like

somehow I’ve managed to spend more time sequencing the electribe from the digitakt than actually creating drum patterns with the samples I’ve loaded

I really really like this thing

I’m pretty ignorant about these things, but I still enjoyed this discussion of synthesizers between two of my favorite musicians, Jean-Michel Jarre and Vince Clarke.

I’ve had a KORG KARMA that I’ve barely touched in the 11 years I’ve had it (one of the keys doesn’t respond unless I press down on it hard, but apparently that’s fixable?). Has anyone had any experience with it? I’m wondering if I should learn it or sell it and use my less cumbersome AKAI. Though, the KARMA has this cool thing where you can like, if I recall correctly, fuck with the pitch on the fly using the weird switch-knob on the left. It can also load floppies (I think), but… I don’t have anything that writes to floppies. Or anything else that reads floppies…

hi feidian I’m sorry it’s taken so long but I haven’t had any experience with that synth :frowning:

I think I like sequencers too much

I don’t even have a modular

I was considering spending like 400-500 on that squarp pyramid sequencer

which would cost more than both things it would have sequenced combined

2 Likes

ooooooops

I’m mostly posting to ask why software synths/VSTs have graphics that make them look like REALLY REALLY cool hardware boxes because I want all that hardware to exist so I can touch it

I’m working on music I promise I will post it soon but I think I might be moving to a different house in a little so I have to wait until that’s done to record anything blah

1 Like

I was dicking around with some KORGs at a second-hand music shop forever ago, and I found one with a stock harmonica synth that sounded exactly like the one JDK used in this song from Zwei!!. Does anybody have an idea of what model that might have been? I just really love how it sounds at ~1:23.

1 Like

Oh man, I will have to get one of these and play it next to my dying original one and that will be fun.

1 Like

hey yall…
so um…when you make a song with an electronic music technology…how do you record it for later listening and maybe someday sharing?
and is it possible to do so without using a desktop/laptop computer?

RCA aux outs in your mixer to a thrift store tape deck, or an old answering machine’s memo mode next to your amp.

Digital 4 track if you have a daddy war ($60) bucks.

I want a synth that’s good at pads

I have been eyeing that roland boutique version of the d-50 (they call it the d-05) because it’s got those nice pad-esque presets

but part of me wonders if I should just get a volca fm and find some good dx-7 patches

Nice thing (among others) about the D50 is its effects section, pretty damn useful for pads

If you don’t already have a reverb etc unit to run a volca through…

Yeh instead of getting a new synth just get a nice reverb unit, you can turn anything into a pad

why’re they called pads anyway