DREAM THREAD: Thread for weaving together a beautiful tapestry from all your dreams

I dreamed that there was an alternative version of the Sega Mega Drive Mini for Europe where the line up of games on the box included Psygnosis titles like Puggsy and Lemmings. Also the box mentioned at least six games were Sega Master System titles that loaded through some kind of Sega Power Base Converter sub menu, and included a rare master system version of Rocket Knight Adventures. I never actually got to play any of them.

All Day I Dream About Sega, apparently

5 Likes

Last night I was thrust into a scenario in which I had to climb a very large tree during a thunderstorm in order to avoid a lion. I climbed way high up. I don’t think I’ve ever successfully climbed a tree. It’s not a skill I learned as a kid. I’ve always been afraid of heights…

Then I was playing a beta test for Riot’s Project A.

1 Like

I was at a party in a strange house where the foyer had two halls running from the far corners out to the sides of a series of tiers, with chairs and couches on them, overlooking a living room like seats in a stadium or theater. A Celebrity was mingling on the floor. I kept thinking: did he get #metooed? hasn’t he been #cancelled? should I be here? should I say something? but I couldn’t remember what he had done, or if I was misremembering, and everyone seemed very happy to see him, and hadn’t I liked his last album a lot?

I left and next door was a house for rent made of a series of tents stacked in strange configurations. You couldn’t tell it was all tents in the dark until you looked in the door and saw just nylon and spars and hammock-like suspensions you had to climb to get anywhere.

3 Likes

I dreamt we had another meetup, in Hawaii this time. It was raining but the skies were this brilliant pink sunset color from a video game and the rain was more like a liquid crystal refracting the light in interesting ways.

A bunch of folks were walking down to the beach but I didn’t want to go because it was raining. I seem to remember that a bunch of people were calling me out for retreating into my own brain and not doing what I actually want to do, which is very much something I do.

I remember looking out these huge windows at the rain and sunset and feeling some deep but undefinable loss. But also glad I was around my friends.

Also someone had stuck their fingers in my ears and was moving them around so that was weird

6 Likes

this was @Felix, prepping them for a q-tip imo

4 Likes

I had a dream that I taught a duck how to smoke and Kamala Harris got mad about it and yelled at me. I was so excited to show everyone, but I really did not get the reaction I was expecting. It could roll its own tobacco and everything! It was cute! ACAB ACAB ACAB

AKAB (All Kamalas Are Bastards)

5 Likes

Had a dream last night of an SB gathering, but it was at a summer camp location, so we all met up in the combination cafeteria/stage area. Highlights of the dream included QoP ending with a competition where people had to climb a ladder and eat a very specific meal that involved flan, which I was supposed to compete in but there were only two ladders, so I let the other two competitors go, and then didn’t mention that I needed to go. Rudie called Mikey and OneSecondBefore on a weird speakerphone and OSB started playing “Alone Again Or” by Love. For some reason Cuba and I insisted on whistling this song.

7 Likes

Good song!

1 Like

I am an extremely insistent whistler. When something needs to be whistled, none will stop me

You were humming it at first, and I was like “nah, you gotta whistle it” and then you went hard on the whistling, so maybe my brain knows something.

I was dozing and passed in and out of a dream. It was Branson again. There was a particular game people were supposed to play and one of those people was @gary and nobody could find gary until somebody found gary under the plant in the corner of the Big Main Room curled up sleeping. She didn’t want to get up unless the game was set up to play, leave her alone if it wasn’t time yet, she’s tired. @Felix was trying to do this but he said the Linux Version was the Best Version and you could only get the settings he preffered under a particular distribution and he couldn’t remember which one it was. So, he was installing different distros on different people’s laptops at the same time. There was a Very Large Television he had split into multiple windows and each window had the input from a different laptop and he was moving between all of these erratically while different progress bars filled. One screen had a big Title with That Fucking Penguin in a santa hat beside it.

Everyone was milling around watching Felix install linux on laptops looking very intense.

Suddenly @Father.Torque says “wait, wasn’t that a fucking Genesis game?”

Felix says the only way to emulate it accurately is using his very specific emulator setup on a very specific linux distro and he has the rom on a flash drive in his pocket and he will not let anyone else have it until he is satisfied and done.

10 Likes

:kissing_heart:

I’m not sure if I dreamed you saying that your emulation setup was better than an actual cart on an actual console or if in the haze of Finally Getting Up And Trying To Remember The Dream I couldn’t help but put a little extra Felix on it?

2 Likes

This is not a dream this is an accurate recounting of reality

3 Likes

Every detail completely plausible.

1 Like

Yeah I am pretty sure this happened

4 Likes

A recurring character in my dreams is Chucky from the Child’s Play movies. But the dreams are always about me needing to mollify him in order to avoid him getting violent. Last night was the same. He was “reformed” and expected everyone to overlook his murderous past. For the most part people were but I was preoccupied with keeping him happy because I could see the violence simmering under his civilized facade.

4 Likes

i just had a dream that was very visually pleasing and beautiful in meaning for me. it was about a sickly person who no matter what, always followed the rules of their parents. they were miserable and felt caged in and would periodically check the book of rules to make sure they were on track. this person had kids with them and they were watching over her. for whatever reason, they were not subjected to the same restrictions as the lead person.

toward the end, this person got fed up and decides to start living for themselves. the last rule in the book is ’ thou shall abstain from sex '. in the house the person is in, there is a secret passage that they find. in it are messages from other family members left in gold paint cheering the person on for finally breaking away. they call for one of the maids and tell them to bring them some clothes ( they were always in pajamas ) and then it was over.

i don’t remember how but somehow there was a tie in to ’ a series of unfortunate events '. i think it was something the kids were reading or it was something that the person kept thinking they wanted to read. the whole thing was really pretty to look at and i’ve felt refreshed since the alarm went off.

3 Likes

Very close to raising kids irl imo

4 Likes

I had a dream that Gabe Newell is a bus driver now. Has cybernetic arms. And spends his days driving bus and constantly telling whoever will listen, about the development of Half Life 2.

*I don’t even have any particular opnions of the guy. Its…just a dream I had.

4 Likes