dope comic book box art

This felt like it should be its own category

i nominate: a whole lot of Bone

annnnnnd a whole lot of Tintin!

6 Likes

4 Likes

Someone please help me find a physical copy of this book. It is by Hideshi Hino and I want it on my wall.

I couldn’t find a good scan of this so I had to take a fuckin’ photo. A friend gave me a book of Love & Rockets covers for Christmas. Everyone who flipped through it stopped and oohed at this one. May be more striking in b&w though.

Someone please translate the owl comic for me.

I paid 200 yen for this cover.

Strongly recommend checking out all the Mai the Psychic Girl Viz covers. I think @anonymous may have a whole thread chock full of them.

This book is literally the size of a coffee table. Owning it is a fucking burden. It’s also gorgeous. Scans don’t do it justice.

Someday we’ll get all the King Terry in English.

Someday I am going to print a book that looks this good.

I don’t know what this is but I love it.

This is the greatest cover of all time and the #1 piece of art I wish I owned. It’s also an amazing comic.

5 Likes

I’m giving nephew 2 Bone(s) as a regular Christmas/birthday gift and he digs them a lot. I guess if I was a Very Good Uncle I’d spend a lot more money to get him original issues instead of trades 'cause that dragon cover owns.

Giving nephew 1 tintins in tougher since I feel like I need to vet them individually for particularly strong weird racial/colonial shit (?)

1 Like

No do the trades. Finding the issues would be a pain at this point. That dragon picture is hugely important in the story and shows up a few times.

i actually would have suggested the one volume edition, but i like your idea of parceling the series out over time + it is a huge tome and might be intimidating to a young’un. (Or they might think it’s awesome! i loved doorstoppers as a kid. i don’t want to make any Kid Assumptions)

Bone is an excellent unclegift!! when i last read it i was pleased at how overtly feminist it is (all the major players in the story are powerful women) also it instills the correct opinions about Moby Dick in impressionable youth

Yeah I have the one volume and I think it would have been a lot, especially since I started giving them to him when he was… five? And the shorter trades make them books he and brother can pick for bedtime, etc.

My sister says that when our mother visits she’s always irritated when they pick a comic for her to read. I assume she does not express this directly @ her grandkids though, it’s just an aside that amuses my sister.

I own the Bone tome (aw yeah) and I remember liking it so much I powered through it in like a couple days and now I literally don’t remember a single thing about it, except a couple of the character designs.

1 Like