Dope Box art

10 Likes

I’m going to post a bunch of things from my Pinterest. As usual, some of these may have appeared before, and some I probably pinned from this thread. :grimacing:

First, some Bombermans:

bomberman
BomberKing

A good aspirational poster

//

I love all of the Japanese Mario boxes. These might have been posted before, but I didn’t find them when I skimmed through.

//

Sharing the cover for Mystic Quest and (just the artwork from) For Whom the Frog Bell Tolls together because the character looks similar: red, adventurous. I definitely saw Frog Bell earlier in the thread, but here it is again.

//

Kitty-related content: Nontan to Issho - Kuru Kuru Puzzle (I think) and a Hello Kitty GBA.

//

Microsurgeon, Monkeyshines!, Maze-A-Tron, Mindseeker, MegaMan Legends OST, Mappy

mappyland

15 Likes

Nice, love the rainbow colors in the rainbow-shaped Mappy-Land logo–the NES in-game colors aren’t quite so bright and the logo isn’t rainbow-shaped!

Untitled-1 copy

4 Likes

my copy of mappyland has a previous owner’s name on it
EGsvVZoWkAMSAR-

9 Likes

This box art/cart label really is doing everything right: cute characters, arched rainbow logo in art-deco-ish font (has anyone made an indie game that emulates that art deco style that arcade cabinets often used? Like Centipede, Galaga, etc.), a pixelated castle AND a painted castle, magenta border.

A+, no notes, great seller would buy again

5 Likes

Zaxxons

Zaxxon real

10 Likes

that ad/flyer describing the playfield in zaxxon as “3-dimensional-like” is sending me

3 Likes

Weirdly honest; that’s probably how I’d describe it to someone who doesn’t often use phrases like ‘isometric shmup’ in conversation.

“It’s 3-dimensional-like – kind of overhead but, like, tilted, and your ship can go up and down. I’m not very good at it.”

3 Likes

So we all know the game ParanoiaScape but have you ever looked at the back cover? It’s nice…

Now I’m thinking about the unsuspecting customer in 1998 that looked and thought “there’s no way the game is like that!” but it does look exactly like that

11 Likes

Pro Wrestling (NES)

Pro Wrestling cover or packaging material - MobyGames

6 Likes

10_sfz_box

Super Fantasy Zone (MD)

5 Likes

the jp super fantasy zone box is a lot smaller than a standard mega drive game box. i want one

2 Likes

Ahhh so that’s why the spine looked so thick there.

1 Like

Dangly legs Opa Opa is the best Opa

5 Likes

14 Likes

I looked up some Super Fantasy Zone images to check out the squat box. It’s as cute as expected! For a true “wolf in sheep’s clothing” Fantasy Zone experience, I hope the edges are sharp enough to cut my hands

Edit: like when you push the “push” tab a little needle should poke out and ruin your thumb

Edit edit: just like opa-opa and opa-opa’s father ruined each other’s lives and made the fantasy zone a graveyard by refusing to communicate honestly with each other

IMG_4353
IMG_4352

11 Likes

Master of Monsters.

10 Likes

Space Harrier II (Mega Drive) wrap-around cover

4 Likes

10-Yard Fight (Famicom)

10-Yard Fight cover or packaging material - MobyGames

6 Likes

15 Likes