DO U WANNA LIKE MY DRAGON?

why did nobody tell me fantasy zone was in 6?

can’t remember exactly which thread i was arguing about this and with whom, but i apologize in regards to Kiwami’s rooftop battle. I thought peeps meant the rooftop battle mid-game, not the ultimate one, which indeed is a bit too shitty, mainly the absurd hit box of the antagonists’ grenade explosion.

4 Likes

I think fans of these games will also enjoy this manga, but I’m also only going off the first few pages so don’t kill me if it goes to shit after that

Gokushufudou: The Way of the House Husband

1 Like

I want to be a homemaker so bad

1 Like

Everyone is HERE!

Shame the actual mobile game just seems like average mobage.

Hokuto Ga Gotoku is out in the US (as FotNS: Lost Paradise) and it is some good stuff so far. Only a couple hours in, so I am still being railroaded into the plot, but some notes:

1. The US VAs are fine, in that they feel appropriately like the VAs from old FotNS stuff and it is good. That being said, for the true RGG experience, turn on the Japanese voices from the main menu, and now Kiryu is Kenshiro and all is right with the world.

2. Or you can just be Kiryu instead. There is some currently free DLC to just let you play as a skin of Sega’s #1 Mafia Dad.

3. Combat is fun times. The game starts by asking you if you want to turn down the gore, and defaults to no, as it should. Dudes explode in blood fountains a lot. You need to stun people with a proper pressure point poke to set them up for supers, which according to the game are determined by the number of times you’ve hit dudes before you stunpoked them. I don’t know a thing about that, but I do know that this triggers a QTE-ish thing, but the event happens even if you barely participate in the QTE, but just does mre damage if you hit it, and the name of the super attack shows up on the screen, in blue if you missed the QTE but in gold and FIRE if you nailed it.

4. So far the only one of the main bad gang in the series I have fought is the second in command named Targa who looks super JoJo side character-y. He was a fun fight though. His boss wears a huge mask and they rode into town on some goddamn giant spiked/horned semis so that bodes well.

so yeah, this is a game.

2 Likes

Also, the US release came with a sticker that says SHIT BALLS! which you can bet is already on my laptop.

9 Likes

So this game. It came out of nowhere. It rules.

haystack

So SHIT BALLS is a deathcry in the game. What is a death cry? when you beat certain minor baddies in specific ways, you unlock their death cry, which shows up in manga graffiti sorta font over them. I already got HOLY SHIT and FUUUUUUU—! in the game. But then something awesome happened. I got HIDEBU! (which is also a sticker that came with the game) and somehow, the death cry appeared on the ground as a weapon that I could pick up and beat the shit out of other dudes with. This rules.

Also, I got a car in the game, so I can go drive across the wasteland. I already used it to meet main Kenshiro bro Toki after I beat enough ass that he got out of prison. I also then stopped off at an old abandoned post apocalyptic baseball diamond, where I played baseball, except I used a giant iron beam as a bat, and the balls were actually dudes on motorcycles that I slapped the shit out of to send flying. This also rules.

This game is just 80s anime manly as fuck and it rules.

Bonus tidbit: When you get in the car, you have three songs for the radio. First is some 80s Dio-style HnK song that rules. But the other two? Music from Binary Domain and Super Monkey Ball. RGG team are heroes.

6 Likes

Between this and Kiwami 2 and spiderman and assassins creed: Greek lady witcher, there are unusually many open world games that I’m like 80% interested in right now.

Saying nothing of forza horizon 4

1 Like

Looks like Kiwami might be a ps plus game in November

Kiwami is good, even if it does kinda fuck up Majima a bit. It’s weird to see how far the series has come in terms of how it tells a story since the first game.

Oh man, I will happily play bulletstorm again though.

I thought the same thing re: bulletstorm but I found the engine rigging and spongey enemies a lot less exciting than it was several years ago when I tried it this summer

1 Like

Fair, and it is completely possible that 2018 me might not like it the way i did when it came out, but for “free”, I am fine giving it a go.

So Hokuto Ga Gotoku also has a bartending mode.

One of the drinks is called YOU ARE ALREADY DRUNK and I am pretty happy with this very obvious joke.

5 Likes

feel like it’s time for binary domain kiwami

7 Likes

The Thouzer fight was pretty satisfying, given Thouzer’s whole immunity to Hokuto Shinken gimmick. It’d be easy to make Thouzer frustrating, but they did it decently.

2 Likes

I see they are trying to penetrate the dumb audience who cannot into subtitles. Hope it will sell well enough for that.

They had a full dub for FotNS as well, so maybe they will do dual language options here as well.