Diablo 4: What Kind Of good game Will This Be?

Never played diablo. Played too much of 2. Hated then loved then just meh’d 3. Now i want to see what kind of dopamine mess 4 will be.

Also slower pace, dodge, and melee/range combo classes really get me so… There’s the positive part of me coming out

2 Likes

gonna play the shit out of it the next few days. guess we’ll find out. very annoying that only 3 classes are in this beta, then the other 2 in a week’s time. not sure what the point of that is.

2 Likes

Get you coming back. Addiction loops bb

2 Likes

Playing rogue on hard. Feels good to play.

10 min of Story is markedly darker than D3 and even D2. No deckard Cain in sight.

how much like neon lighting lazers and bullet hell stuff is in this game?

2 Likes

My arrows look like arrows so zero for me

1 Like

Player 2 errors if I don’t have a PSN account. I’m guessing it’ll need to be connected to a Blizzard account too. I’m hoping it doesn’t need to be a paid account :-/

Oh dang please regular reports, I am almost certainly going to play this game against my better judgment

1 Like

For the hour I played I

• Spent a lot of time looking at pretty things (even on a PS4)
  • Got to make some cool decisions already (big damage ranged attack + evasive melee)
  • The story surprised me in fun ways. Still kinda weird uberdark, but like more tolerable than D3, and less tongue in cheek
  • They mashed up the Diablo/Souls potions which could work, but also…
  • Wished it was harder - I missed > 50% of my dodges on the boss and lived comfortably with almost max potions the whole time. Too many potion drops!

I know people say it’s a return to D2, but I kinda think it might end up feeling like a return to D1.

4 Likes

in that case you would have died like 6 times already imo

2 Likes

anyway it’s me, the person who will probably play this and then gripe about it to myself for months

4 Likes

Did blizzard clean up their act?

1 Like

My brother says the early gameplay experience is D3 all over again. And by that, I mean he got to play for a little bit before being unceremoniously disconnected and spat into a 90-minute queue, which painstakingly ticked down to 0 before throwing an “error logging in” message and shoving him to the back of a now 125-minute queue. Happy Birthday, Kevin!

I’m sure I’ll play it, and I’m sure I’ll feel at least moderately like a piece of shit for doing so. I don’t know I’ll bother with this open beta thing. Or is this early access? I don’t even know anymore. I don’t know anything about the game, including when it’s coming out. For me, with regards to a Blizzard product, this is progress of a kind!

1 Like

I already suffered one Blizzard online-only game launch on the past 6 months, I don’t know if I can do that again

not that it matters because I’m working all this and next weekend

well, I sat in a queue and then I got to a boss and the servers died

edit: well, no the servers work. just not for some people. like me. diablo 3 all over again

I only played Diablo 1 with Jarulfs Guide, the prefixes and suffixes which made an anti-climax ending for me: my atk speed is too fast so the Diablo cannot play the animation of his atk and fight back. I don’t know whether it’s fun or not, just beat it and then close.

I guess I will skip Diablo 4 like 3, not sure about it.

3 Likes

I played a fair amount of Diablos 1 and 2 before deciding that was enough Diablo for me forever, and then when the PS3 version of 3 came out I was delighted to find that you could plug in any old controllers and do 4 player co-op and dodge roll up a storm, like it was exactly what I wanted from dark alliance and every other also-ran action RPG back in 2005

but after getting that exegesis once I no longer have much longing for this genre

2 Likes

Well i for one am rooting for this mess of a game with few ambitions from a shit company. Idk exactly why

3 Likes

sometimes that’s just how it is

4 Likes

I did exactly the same but about 5 hours in the vibe in the room was exhausted, and I felt like I had already hit my life quota of repetitively dodging, using cooldown powers and picking up heaps of trash equipment.

I guess that wasn’t strictly true because I played a moderate amount of Destiny later

5 Likes