i got brown noted by the destiny loading screen when i had e coli

Obviously I can’t speak for the PC meta, but I would recommend jumping into Rumble.

• Top 3 players are counted as winners instead of just the top player so at least you feel better about yourself. My win rate in 6v6 modes tends to fall around 30-35%, whereas it’s closer to 85% in Rumble.
  • Half as many players are wandering around the map so the map is less crowded, making longer range weapons more important, and slows the pace of the game down.
  • If you die a lot, your deaths will be spread across the 5 other players instead of all feeding the singular opposing team score, meaning that it is easier to keep pace with the top of the leaderboard. I generally have a 1-2 point gap with the top player in most games despite dying a lot more than they do.

Rumble is the only PvP mode I play anymore unless Iron Banner is on. It was a little rocky when they had reintroduced it last year, but now it’s pretty close to where it was in D1.

OK I did it, alright? There was this free-from-plus copy of DESTINY 2 FORSAKEN sitting in on my account for A Time and I Did It, the other day, I cleared nine-billion things from my hard drive and tried it out!

After Apex Densetsu the fov feels too narrow and I want to slide and the slide is nothing! It does nothing! But it still feels so good to pop heads! The head-popping is so gr8! Shit!

Trudging through the Story I really liked the bit where you’re depowered and they’re hitting you So Hard with Mournful Horns and then five-hundred thousand weird alien wolves emerge from behind a rock and you have to frantically circle strafe murder them while the Mournful Horns continue to hard sell the Emotion of the Moment.

5 Likes

at least they still have some of the Wizard Content I crave

7 Likes

knock knock let the devil in

2 Likes

:heart:

1 Like

I don’t know if Tulpa or Shrug said that first but I love it

@shrug i had just come here to ask if you were going to play destiny with us sometime so it’s nice to see your impressions!!

@doolittle congrats! i don’t think i will ever get one of those titles because even though i’m close to a few, the stuff i’d have to do that’s left are completely dependent on gacha machine luck

season of the drifter starts tuesday and bungie has been dropping some “narrative previews” in the form of little written vignettes on their website the past few days. if you’re into the story there’s some interesting stuff in there!

Yeah, the collection badges need bad luck protection. I really feel for the folks who are a ship or sparrow away from Rivensbane - it’s absurd. Or tie the ship and sparrow to Petra’s Run or whatever the hardest triumph is. I just need the Braytech rocket launcher from Strange Terrain but I got quite annoyed last time I was grinding for it.

petra’s run is still broken

What’s the full text for the Protect the Runner triumph? For some reason, it shows as classified in my list of badge triumphs…?

As a fireteam, win a Gambit match where a single player deposits 100 Motes, never losing any.

It wasn’t bad at all, just need one or two people on comms. After the designated player gets 100 in, have them switch to guarding the bank and/or invading.

and yeah like rye said, the game is beyond dead at this time of year so you’re going to be running into kids from bsk and destined (the genuinely good pvp clans) more often than not

when there’s fresh content the pc playerbase tends to be much lower skilled and less sweaty than on console, surprisingly

i don’t even want to look at my trials win% on console but it’s a pretty comfortable 90 on pc

1 Like

and yeah a chunk of those losses were from getting repeatedly matched up with and farmed by the same bsk team in a dead period between expacs lol

2 Likes

I logged into d1 the other day and there were multiple players in my tower in the single digits. I danced with a level 2 player.

Man hung jury is still really good.

I can’t put my finger on it but there’s a special sauce to d1 shooting that edges out d2’s gunfeel to me.

3 Likes

Gambit pinnacle weapon this season requires a rank reset :[

They boosted how much infamy wins give, plus Gambit Prime is 1 round, so maybe it’s less of a grind than last season?

Screencap from the Reckoning trailer

(this was actually the secret room you could get to if you were flawless in trials back when that was a thing)

have they done anyting substantial with gambit? like, is it playable now

Don’t take my word for it, but here are the changes:

Activities hosted by the Drifter have been moved to their own sub-page on the Director called "Gambit"
Added Gambit Private matches for all Forsaken owners
        Expect Gambit Prime Private matches on April 2, 2019
Overhauled how invader spawn points are chosen while also significantly increasing the number of invader spawn points for each map
        Chances of spawning very near or in direct line of sight of an enemy Guardian has been greatly reduced
Changed the third round of Gambit to a Primeval rush sudden death; this will speed up Gambit matches overall and add a change of pace to the final round
        The Primeval is immediately summoned
        Player Supers/grenades/ability/melee are immediately filled, so both teams are on an even playing field
        Super/grenade/ability/melee regen are increased for the remainder of the round
The Ascendant Primeval Servitor's (meatball) spawn rate is no longer tied to the curse cycle and has been greatly increased
Idle Protection: Players who remain dormant for too long will not receive end-of-match rewards or Infamy points
Made adjustments to Blocker types by deposit tier
        Small Blocker = Taken Goblin with less health than the previous Phalanx
        Medium Blocker = Taken Captain with more health than the previous Knight
        Large Blocker = Taken Knight with more health than the previous Ogre